Friday, June 24, 2011

Exploring and Eating... x10

WOW! I am writing this post, reclined on my couch because I am honestly too stuffed to move.  You know that moment when you're content, maybe slightly too full but still a happy camper? I passed that point about 4 hours ago after my first dinner, then we went on to eat 2 other full meals AND 3 other desserts. Let's rewind a bit before you completely judge me...

I started off my morning with a little pumpkin pie oat meal :) sounds delicious right?  I was so excited to eat it that I didn't stop to breate until my spoon touched the bottom of the bowl.  But using my never-ending bowl of oats recipe, I added a heaping spoonful of pureed pumpkin (Libby's), ground nutmeg, cinnamon, sweetener, almond milk, a little ground ginger and some vanilla extract.  Yummy yummy!

No, that's not me because I'm obviously still alive
Then I decided to start the day off right with a run, some lifting, and a pilates class - my first evaaa!  It was a really good class and my abs are nice a sore.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with pilates, it's a nice mix of yoga and stretching and strength training, focusing on the core.
Source & more info on strength training with pilates.

I took a nap and then mixed up a nice Chopped Asian Chicken Salad using my very handy and very new George Foreman (thanks, Mom!).  After a frantic call to my dad - I forgot to defrost my chicken before grilling it - my salad actually turned out pretty nicely.

Ingredients:
- Romaine lettuce & chopped cabbage
- Sweet peas (edamame would be amazing)
- Chopped onion
- 1/2 a grilled Teriyaki chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of fiber one cereal (for the crunch)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- my own asian dressing. Made of teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper.

Delicious, it was.  After an unplanned phone call from one of my fellow foodie friends, I headed out to a nearby town to explore, shop & eat... of course.  The highlights included Williams & Sonoma, Sur La Table, Crate & Barrel, Barnes & Noble (for cookbooks), Nordstroms (for the shoes, duh) and Starbucks! 

Of course, we had to stop at the sushi place we've been dying to try! And I got an amazing California Roll & a Spicy Tuna roll topped with Seaweed Salad!

THEN for dessert: frozen yogurt topped with everything but the kitchen sink!  Sounds like a good meal, yeah?  This was only the beginning...

To give you a better idea of exactly how much we ate today, there are no pictures because my camera literally ran out of batteries from snapping away during the first two courses.  Here's the running list of meals:

- this new organically delicious ice cream place in our town! (I got chocolate & cookies and cream which was orgasmic)
- a fig and goat cheese pizza topped with fresh arugula
- a warm cacao cake served with coffee ice cream and topped with salted caramel sauce
- a pork con mole tamale wrapped in a corn husk
- a summer tamale filled with squash, beans, cheese, and mushrooms
- a potatoe and corn papas (fritter) with a chile cream sauce
- flan.

that's it, I promise!!!
I immediately hobbled to the car and called my mom to tell her everything I ate and basically said my last goodbyes, in case my stomach burst from over consumption.  As full as I am.. let me just say that I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite of food that entered my mouth!! No regrets from this foodie, except that I wish I had taken pictures for you!!!!! sorry guys.

Let me go digest a bit more and reflect on today's deliciousness... tomorrow is another day.  Which means I get to rest, relax, and repeat :)  Good night everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment