Monday, June 27, 2011

Abs & Back... and Blubber too!

Okay, why do all gyms feel the need to create cute names for the exercise classes that seriously kick your ass?!  Abs and Back sounds so innocent... until you're lying face down in a pool of your own sweat, trying not to cry in front of your fellow gym-goers.  Seriously, when did my abs turn to blubber and forget to send me a 14 day notice?  (even landlords who want to evict you are kinder, damn you abs)

But have no fear, I only sound like an extremely out of shape and angry girl, but in reality - I'm on a post work out/post ice cream high!  I love classes that leave me floored, literally on the floor guys.  I guess my abs need a little work...

Anyways, lets review the days eats, shall we??

I woke up.  Can anyone guess what I ate for the b-fast?!  Blueberry PIE Oatmeal :) 1) if you can't tell I'm a huge fan of oatmeal. 2) I'm obsessed with this blueberry concoction and 3) pie for breakfast?
Instead of using vanilla extract, I used coconut extract and it was life changing! I also sprinkled brown sugar and crumbled fat-free graham crackers on top - to resemble pie crust.  I promise to do a better job at taking a picture before I demolish my breakfast.. cause this is unbelievable.

work and lunch was pretty routine
Then I headed to the gym to do my ridiculous work out & then proceeded to making the most delicious dinner ever!!

Is anyone else drooling?
Meet my new loves: Pan-seared Thai Curry Tilapia, Garlic Salted Baby Bok Choy... and my pride and joy:
Non-Fried Veggie Basmati & Bulgar!!

Ingredients:
- Cooked (leftover) Basmati rice and Bulgar
- Chopped cabbage
- Chopped Onions (I used red onion)
- Broccoli (frozen..guilty)
- Carrots
- Egg Whites
- Minced Garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups of either veggie broth or chicken stock (I used chicken stock)
- Light Soy Sauce
- Salt and Peppaaa!

Instructions:
Cooking the egg whites
- Saute the onions with non-stick spray (add water if they start to get stuck to the pan), add in the garlic, cabbage, carrots, and broccoli.  Cook for about 5 minutes, until the veggies start to soften.  Add in the broth and the rice/bulgar.  Clear a little pocket so you can add the egg whites and cook them in the pan.  Stir it all up, add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste! SO DELICIOUS!  Guys, try this recipe.  Its healthy. Its amazing. Its addicting.

I proceeded to my next course: DESSERT. Here comes the rolling list -
- Banana and cocoa smoothie
- Home-made Curried Peanut Ice Cream - from our favorite spot
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake
Getting bundled up to get some ice cream!
that's all I swear!!


So, is it safe to say that my blubbery tummy is sore and happy because it's filled with yummy food and even yummier desserts?  DUH




Good day and good night my friends :) I'll see you tomorrow with more stories !

No comments:

Post a Comment