|No, that's not me because I'm obviously still alive|
Source & more info on strength training with pilates.
I took a nap and then mixed up a nice Chopped Asian Chicken Salad using my very handy and very new George Foreman (thanks, Mom!). After a frantic call to my dad - I forgot to defrost my chicken before grilling it - my salad actually turned out pretty nicely.
- Romaine lettuce & chopped cabbage
- Sweet peas (edamame would be amazing)
- Chopped onion
- 1/2 a grilled Teriyaki chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of fiber one cereal (for the crunch)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- my own asian dressing. Made of teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper.
THEN for dessert: frozen yogurt topped with everything but the kitchen sink! Sounds like a good meal, yeah? This was only the beginning...
To give you a better idea of exactly how much we ate today, there are no pictures because my camera literally ran out of batteries from snapping away during the first two courses. Here's the running list of meals:
- this new organically delicious ice cream place in our town! (I got chocolate & cookies and cream which was orgasmic)
- a fig and goat cheese pizza topped with fresh arugula
- a warm cacao cake served with coffee ice cream and topped with salted caramel sauce
- a pork con mole tamale wrapped in a corn husk
- a summer tamale filled with squash, beans, cheese, and mushrooms
- a potatoe and corn papas (fritter) with a chile cream sauce
that's it, I promise!!!
I immediately hobbled to the car and called my mom to tell her everything I ate and basically said my last goodbyes, in case my stomach burst from over consumption. As full as I am.. let me just say that I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite of food that entered my mouth!! No regrets from this foodie, except that I wish I had taken pictures for you!!!!! sorry guys.
Let me go digest a bit more and reflect on today's deliciousness... tomorrow is another day. Which means I get to rest, relax, and repeat :) Good night everyone!!!