Wednesdays are one of my favorite days of the week (excluding the entirety of the weekend because.... let's be real, that's everybody favorite day(s)!) because I have limited class, a fun work schedule, and I can usually bully a friend or two into going on a run with me.
Also, I get to say hump day about 27 times in 24 hours.
Okay, as promised, more of my Cabo San Lucas recap!! Heavy on the pictures, minimal on the words! I mean, I'm pretty sure the pictures do most of the talking anyways ;)
THE BEST OF....
Yeah, asking me to choose "the best desserts" is like asking a mother to choose her favorite child.... hard but not impossible (fyi I'm the favorite in the family....Mom? Dad? Nelly??)
1. Swedish Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. Loved this twist on a classic pie -- it wasn't filled with thick, sugary filling. It was more like an apple soufflé? Super light! And yummy.
2. Strawberry Tiramisu -- instead of the usual chocolate or vanilla accents, this Mexican version was all about strawberry! It was yummy too! The top half was traditional tiramisu.
3. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Fondu with strawberries, apples, bananas, and pineapple for dipping.
4. Fried Ice Cream!! This was like ice cream inside of a thick doughnut shell! Not your typical crispy-shelled fried ice cream! YUM.
5. FRIED PLANTAINS WITH EXTRA ICE CREAM -- this was hands down the winner of the trip. And we always had a 3:1 ice cream to plantain ratio.
6. Ice cream in a fried tortilla shell bowl. Our friends at Mole Mio had to start making up desserts for us to try because we have huge sweet tooths? teeth?
7. Caramel Flan. It was dense, creamy, and filled with caramel and cinnamon. Sister and I actually added crushed tortilla chips to it for some crunch - winning choice.
8. Tres Leches cake and a Banana Split -- enough said.
9. El COOKIE TUB -- seen here next to Sister's sleeping head. We had a container that we replenished with random cookies, treats, and candies from stores around mexico..... 7 days worth of "refills"
10. Carrot Cake -- the best ever!! Filled with coconut, raisins, pecans, hints of pineapple and the most amazing cream cheese frosting (not too sweet)!!
I'm actually not a big fan of alcohol...
BUT, when in Mexico... I actually tried a little of this and a little of that, but ended up sticking mostly with banana smoothies and virgin pina coladas!
1. Refreshing Diet Coke - poolside or on the beach, please.
2. Tequila tasting -- we learned the "proper way" to drink tequila! It involves breathing, licking, some salting and liming... but the caramel colored tequila pictured above is meant to have NO chasers. It's for savoring :)
3. Banana Smoothies at Mole Mio - best decision ever
4. "Body Rockers" - a mix of grenadine, red bull, vodka, and another unknown liquor.
5. Banana Coconut Smoothies!
6. More tequila -- we tasted some of the best in Mexico
7. Pina Coladas on the beach! Hey, it's 2 for 1 happy hour!!
No regrets :) Ever.....
1. Falling asleep without sunscreen on the first day... gross consequences
2. NOT getting our camel to gallop away so we could race/steal it.
4. Eating enough desserts to make me diabetic
6. Running around on the beach in a see-through dress.... should have looked in a mirror :(
7. Cold wetsuits = unhappy crotches
8. Walking into this jewelry store. PERIOD.
9. Going out with aforementioned jewelry store owner.
11. Hungover. 7 am. Ziplining/rappelling/rock climbing after staying out till 5:30.
12. Eating a chip off the floor. Wiping off the dirt and taking off the hair!
WELLLLL -- there you have it.
I summed up 7 days of paradise in two posts (in case you missed the first one, it's here)
Off to run!
Catch you guys later