Monday, December 19, 2011

Cheesecake in the AM, Pizza in the PM

HAPPY MONDAY!!

Can I just say.... 
Any morning that starts off with cheesecake at 9 am is bound to be the beginnings of a great day!

Yesterday, Arnie made honey orange blossom cheesecake with an almond biscotti crust and we just had to sample it after our pancake breakfast -- wow.  That's all I have to say.



Arnie was afraid that there was too much crust in the crust to cheesecake ratio -- um, is that even possible?!  We all agreed it was heaven-sent and we had to pack up the rest for dessert just to stop ourselves from overdosing before noon.

Workout of the day: A great run with SISTER!

I headed out for a quick 4.5 miles before meeting up with sister to run 5 miles to the grocery store.  It's kind of our thing to run to places that have food... seeing as if were not running or sleeping, we're usually stuffing our faces.

Lunch was a veggie sandwich on a multi-grain baguette from the deli.  Like I said, we had to eat something! And we were pretty hungry.

At around 1:45 we headed to a make-up Christmas party at a nearby vineyard!  I've been to this vineyard once before, and I knew we had some great views and some great food to look forward to.



We're a weird bunch, I'm well aware....


The view!



The group (above) and some sisterly loveeee (below)



Yeah, yeah... we're an attractive bunch.

We sat down for a strange 3-4 pm "dinner" but the only thing strange about it was the timing, the rest was total perfection!  I don't know about you, but I could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and still never tire of it (which is one of my many hidden talents... along with my ability to eat frozen yogurt in sub zero temperatures).

We started with some fabulous salad -- Mixed greens with cheese crumbles, nuts, and craisins - topped with a yummy vinaigrette.


and garlic knots.  AH.  We only ordered one order (so each person got one) otherwise I would have most likely gone back for seconds and thirds.


We ordered 4 kinds of pizza for the table: two veggie lovers, two margaritas, one meat lovers, and one supreme -- I went for two pieces of the veggie. And a half of supreme/meat lovers combo.  The margarita pizza wasn't doing it for me...
 


Um, over all I'd have to say it was a pretty delicious dinner!
And I had some great company -- my siblings, some coworkers, and many many friends :)

We came home and dug into more of that cheesecake (with the addition of mud pie ice cream and triple chocolate and peanut butter ice cream that sister and i just had to pick up at the store!)  Okay and I might have had some chocolate, some pumpkin bread, and some cookies.

Don't you just love the holidays?
We curled up by the fire to watch Love Actually, which is easily one of my favorite movies!  The adults fell asleep while the girls stayed up gossiping... as usual. 

I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment