Thursday, December 22, 2011

CHRISTMAS COOKIES!

It's the most wonderful time of the year.... 

In our house, that time is usually spent in the kitchen, alternating between baking and eating everything in sight (it's also the time of the year when calories don't count.  That's what I wished for on my birthday....)

Santa's going to be a tubbbboooo this year.


We started off with a beautiful concoction of Dark Chocolate Bark -- Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, Dried Cranberries, and Pistachios


Then we moved onto some Low-Fat, Gingerbread Cookies!
 

I might have acted like a two year old andddd put a penis on my gingerbread man... I mean, how else would you know that he is, in fact, a man?


We cheated and made super-simple Peanut Butter sprinkle cookies with Hershey Kisses.  We bought pre-made peanut butter cookie dough (that comes in a tube... yes, a tube) and then rolled the dough into balls and rolled them in different colored sprinkles -- festive and easy!
 

Then, we finished with some Funfetti Snowman Cupcakes!! It's amazing what a few marshmallows and m&ms can do to your cupcakes.  Hello, frosty... you look tasty.


We packaged up 11 platters for our neighbors (our little street is growing!)



The we proceeded to eat all of the leftovers....
I mean, obviously we don't want fat neighbors -- so we had to help them out.

Don't worry, I've been eating more than just sugar (sort, of).
I've become completely obsessed with the banana, crunchy peanut butter, kix, and almond milk combo!  I don't know why I haven't tried this yet.




I had this combo for breakfast, lunch, and my 3 pm snack.

I've been loving having a permanent running partner (hello, sister... you come in handy)!  We tackled 9.5 miles yesterday -- she's working up her mileage/working off massive carrot cake overloads.

After our run we bummed around and baked while Grams made a delicious dinner!
Baby Bok Choy and tofu on top of shiritaki soy noodles.



And... of course... frozen yogurt galore.
Sister (who lives on the east coast) has been froyo deprived!  So she requested some "frozen yogurt with tons of topping options) for dessert.  Okay, since I'm a great sister...

Vanilla, chocolate cake, and red velvet froyo topped with blueberries, almonds, oreo crumbs, captain crunch cereal and a frosted animal circus cookie


------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
Today is off to a great start.

Thanks to Target!


Check out these gorgeous finds.....
Scarf, hat, glove combo??





Alright... I've embarrassed myself enough for one day.
I'll keep you updated on the delicious dinner that will come later!

Hope you're having a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment