Thursday, December 15, 2011

If You Could Hear What I've Been Thinking...

You would probably jump off of a cliff. 
I've actually lost the ability to form proper sentences.... finals have used up all my available cognitive capacity and I am now reverting back kindergarten (back when things made sense).

Anyways!
Tuesday: Political Psych final from 3-6 pm.
My Thoughts:
- "Why would they plan a final right before dinner time... I'm going to confuse schema-based processing with spaghetti and meatballs"
- "Casey... you're like 3 pages ahead of the person next to you.  Either you're a genius and your kicking ass, or your actually getting all the wrong answers and you should probably start over.  OR you're sitting next to a complete moron...."
- "Why are there more than 3 pages on a test in the first place?"
- "I hope my grader has a sense of humor... I'm not sure how well sarcasm is interpreted on final exams.  They should really provide snacks to curb the slightly critical comments...."

My meal after the test: Indian feast!

I met up with Annie and Lisa who had a 3-6 pm final too... and we were famished.  Annie is a plant biology and something with microscopes major so I asked her why people get super hungry during tests -- apparently brains account for 20% of your metabolic rate.

Roti!! A whole-wheat, oven-baked Indian flat bread.  Really similar to Naan.  
 

Aloo Gobi: curried cauliflower and potato dish -- extra spicy!
 

My thoughts after our Indian feast:
- "I hope the curry sits well during my 11 am final tomorrow, otherwise that lecture hall will have to be fumigated and I'll have a lot of explaining to do"
- "I should probably start studying Arabic... I wish I knew how to say f. my life"

--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------



If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Blueberry whole wheat pancakes have been my breakfast before every final this semester. I'm hoping it's good luck or something, but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.  Until then I'm sticking with it -- something about wishful thinking?

Arabic final: 11:30 to 2:30
My thoughts during the test:
- "Say whaaaaat?"
- "I wish they would have at least put the friggin' directions in English... assholes"
- "I hope my teacher is cool with the fact that I wrote my entire composition about how I'm only friends with this girl to date her brother.... truth is, I couldn't remember any other useful vocabulary so I had to get creative"
- "It takes me 5 minutes to switch my brain from English to three dots and a squiggle. I'm wasting some valuable time... "

My meal after the final: SUBWAY!! 

Foot long veggie delight on honey oat with every veggie you could possibly imagine, grow, and/or genetically modify!!!!!


My thoughts the rest of the day:
- "I should probably skip my workout and be more productive.  Productive is now code word for study with friends, watch Elf, and eat an entire box of honey bunches of oats"
- "Honey bunches of oats should be added to the Illegal Narcotics FDA list.... shits addicting"

--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------

I'll spare you the picture of my blueberry pancakes.
Mostly because it was raining and dark outside when I was eating them.  Thank you, 6:45 am wake-up call.  Thank you, 8 am final.

Today's final: Empirical Methods and Quantitative Reasoning 8-11 am.
Yeah, I should have known by the title not to take the class.

My thoughts during the test:
- "Bivariate regression would be the first question... they're trying to weed out the losers so they don't have to grade as many exams"
- "YOU MOTHER ******** Why don't you take the regression line and shove it up your _ _ _ "
- "I guess I'm not a morning person on exam days.... sorry"
- "Should peed before I left this morning.  Probably shouldn't have had 3 1/2 cups of coffee"

What I did after the test:





9 miles before meeting up with Lisa to do 5 more miles to Indian Rock!!!
8:30 pace.

Sometimes your butt just needs to be kicked to take the pain away from your brain.

What I ate for dinner:
Soy noodle bowl with way too many veggies to count. Sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, soy noodles with marinara sauce!
 

My thoughts right now:
- "Good thing you haven't written a word on that document titled Peace and Conflict Final Paper that's floating in the background of your screen... due tomorrow"
- "My roommate bought me a bag of dark chocolate kisses for my birthday and I think I love her!!!!!!!!!"

Off to write that paper!! Then home!!!!!! Catch yaaaa soon :)
I'll try to keep my thoughts in order until then

No comments:

Post a Comment