Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tender Greens

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

How are you spending the holidays?
I know how I'm spending mine :) FAMILY AND FOOD.
 
I think one of my favorite things about the holiday season is all the crazy good seasonal treats that are only available around Christmas time!  So, I mean... obviously we didn't want to miss out on a chance to try GOLDFISH COCOA ADVENTURESObviously.


We also got some Vanilla Cupcake goldfish!
How have I never boarded the goldfish train until now? I will be a permanent member of the goldfish club from now on... I'm a fan.

Workout today: 13 mile run 
 
After our run, Sister and I had some last minute Christmas shopping to do (procrastinators...) so we picked up Mom from work and headed to Liberty Station to browse and grab some dinner!

Tender Greens -- I've been wanting to try this place for awhile!  It's local and organic, using only the freshest ingredients.  Quality you can taste :)


When you walk in, you place your order and you can actually watch all your food being freshly prepared -- super cool :)  And the restaurant had some serious ambiance. Mood lighting, big wooden tables, candles everywhere -- perfect for a date (not that that'll ever happen, let's be honest).


I had to order the Tomato Soup With Basil and Olive Oil Drizzle.  This soup was sooo good! and we all took turns dipping our grilled bread (that came with our entrees) and maybeee our mashed potatoes into the tomato-y goodness.


A side of Mashed Potatoes (just because we like our taters).


For our entrees, we all god ginormous salads.  I ordered the Tuna Nicoise salad with sear herb-brushed Ahi tuna and a side of sherry vinaigrette.  WOW.


Sister got the Mediterranean salad with added salt & pepper chicken.


And Mom got the Backyard Flank Steak Salad with butter lettuce, radishes, pickled beets, and a horseradish vinaigrette dressing.  Mmmmm :) her steak was heavenly.


After our extremely fresh and gourmet salads....
It was time for the dessert conversation.

It went like this...
Me: "So... did you see that cheesecake?"
Sister: "Um, yes, I scoped it while you were in the bathroom.  Maybe we can get some and just have  a bite?  Take the rest home for later?"
Me: "Sounds like a plan.  Oh, and that cookie that size of my face... we can take a bite of that too."

Lemon Cheesecake

and a Cowboy Cookie: chocolate chips, pecan, coconut, and candied walnuts.  OH MY GOD.  Screw sampling, we all know there was nothing left to bring home...


I'm telling you....
Holidays are the best!!! 

Gram, Mom, Sister and I are about to get dolled up, head to lunch, and go watch Jesus Christ, Superstar down in La Jolla :)  WOOT WOOT.

Merry Almost-Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment