Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mushy Arms and Moo Shu Pork!

Good morning!! 
And happy almost FRIDAY! 

Yesterday was definitely filled with mushy arms and moo shu pork... let me tell you. 

FIRST, it was filled with that weird yogurt/cereal with almond milk combo I've been eating non-stop. 


By the way, how are we liking the new camera resolution?  Nice, huh?

My breakfasts/snacks/ and part of my lunch have all included this combo:
- 1 cup of Trader Joe's Multigrain O's
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- blueberries
- almond milk

I decided not to battle the 20 degree weather OR the wind and I headed to the local gym instead.  I was planning on hitting up the tready (which I despise with a passion) but then, I saw that Body Pump was being offered!  SCORE

BODY PUMP is an hour-long class that focuses on each major group of muscles for some hardcore strength training.  It's set to fun, upbeat music and the moves are choreographed to the tunes.  

It's okay that there were only 4 of us and that our instructor (and the other 3 ladies) were all pushing 60... I still got a killer workout :)  like, I still can't feel my arms and I had to hobble around because my arse feels a little more than sensitive.  

By the way, I haven't lifted weights in months.  
ouch

I spent the rest of the day running some errands (at whole foods! my favorite kind of shopping is, in fact, grocery shopping...) and doing some research on internships - ugh - then Sister and Dad came home and we bolted out the door to dinner! 

We went to our favorite Asian restaurant for some big bowls o' soup. 

Combination Noodle Soup with fresh veggies, chicken, beef, shrimp, and homemade noodles


Moo Shu Pork -- which is the best at this place!! I'm a lover of all things moo shu, but this place has some killer pork.  Top a tortilla with plum sauce and I'm in heaven.


Dad also ordered some Fried Pork Dumplings because he has that I-want-to-order-everything disorder we were talking about... but, hey, I like dumplings.

Sister and I walked right next door to Baskin Robbins for some dessert.
Did you know they started selling soft serve?!?!?! WHAT?

I got a Vanilla Soft Serve with Almonds and Oreos.


It was amazing.  Mostly because it was thick and creamy like ice cream - not frozen yogurt. 
Of course, Baskin Robbins will always mean "the best mint chocolate chip ice cream ever," but the soft serve reallyyyy is delicious. 

I got a text from my aunt about today's running weather... 
apparently it's "warm" -- although I'm skeptical of our definitions of warms... -- so I might jog on over to their house to say hello!  

Enjoy your THURSDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment