Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sick

I'm sick.
Second Semester Sniffles have finally struck me down... minus the sniffles and add a sore throat and some chest congestion, just for kicks.

Weirdest thing is it hit me during my run yesterday and then got exponentially worse within an hour.
Don't worry, today is officially a rest day - much needed.

Breakfast:
Well, I kept things simple with a packet of low-sugar Cinnamon Oats topped with Blueberries, Multigrain O's, Fiber One Honey Grahams, and Almond Milk

I have a weird obsession with adding almond milk to basically anything that comes in a bowl.  Cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, bananas with pb, pumpkin mousse, ice cream... I can't be stopped.

Workout:
Songs that I'm loving right now - for walking, running, or jamming in the morning --
1. Drive By, by Train
2. Taboo, by Don Omar
3. Good Feeling, by Flo Rida
4. Stronger, by Kelly Clarkson
5. T.H.E (The Hardest Ever), by Will.I.Am

I decided to go for a leisurely long run along one of my favorite hilly routes because I don't have class until noon!  I love not having time pressure...

Before heading out, I remembered to stock my fuel belt.  This time I filled up all the bottles instead of just one.  I'm telling you, once you go hydrated you never go back.

Of course, I kindly asked my roommate, Matt, if I looked okay....
He told me to pick a running route where I would have no chance of seeing anybody.
Apparently I did NOT look as cool as I felt... damn.

ran a little over 10 miles, but I was really starting to feel that chest pressure. Sickness strikes.

I'll save you from a really boring and un-photogenic picture of my lunch, which consisted of a Dr. Praegger's Veggie Burger on top of Full Fiber and Multigrain Bread with a side of some Cinnamon Rice Cakes with PB, Tjoe's Cinnamon Schoolhouse cookies, and a piece of dark chocolate !

I went to class, went to my friends meditation class (aka, eat and nap in a lecture hall under the guise of meditating...), stopped at a cafe to do some work and drink tea, and then I immediately proceeded home to lie in bed while watching 90210 and Modern Family until I got hungry again.

Dinner:
I debated on going out to grab soup or simply eating bread and butter with some more pb and rice cake action... sick = lazy as all get out... but then I remembered that I love food.  And I love pizza.  In sickness or in health I will always eat a delicious meal :)

Tomato, Spinach, Mushroom, and Mozzarella Pizza on a Whole Wheat Thin Crust.
Layer a Bobolli's pre-made crust (cheap, easy, and about 120 calories per 1/6th of a pizza), about 3/4 cup of pizza sauce (or pasta sauce, in my case), a handful of spinach, chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of skim mozzarella.

OH!  Best tip: add garlic salt on top! yum
Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes and....

Tips for feeling better:
Eat a simple but delicious salad of Chopped Romaine, Fat-Free Feta, Mushrooms, Tomato, and Kraft Italian Parmesan Light Dressing with a heft dose of pizza slices... hot out of the oven.


Screw the soup and bread...
pizza is my new sick food!


Okay, I'm off to class until 7 PM!!!!! WHAT?!
Guess who is packing her refrigerator/pantry so she doesn't rip th jugular vein out of the poor person next to her...

HAPPY THURSDAY! ALMOST THE WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment