Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crock Pot Pork Roast!

Mmmmmm....
Yepp, that's all I have to say.

Now that it is officially the start of November, and the start of the holiday season -- I was in the mood to make a very comforting meal :)

I picked up a pork tenderloin from Trader Joe's the other day (my first time buying a "meat" that was packaged and frozen... imagine how ridiculous I looked trying not to touch the plastic wrapping of the pork.. I was grossed out).

Last night, I browned the pork tenderloin and seasoned it with salt and pepper for about 7-8 minutes.  Then I chopped up some sweet potatoes, golden yams, a yellow onion, and some baby carrots and threw them into the pot. 

I poured about 2 cups of water into the pan I used to brown the pork in order to soak up the yummy juices -- then I added a tsp of better-than-bouillon chicken stock to make up some easy broth.

This morning, I turned my crock pot to low and let it do its thannngg. I also added in some rosemary and some oregano + more salt and pepper.

Before:

After 8 hours:


Not only did my apartment smell absolutely heavenly, but when I went to scoop out some of the meat and veggies, the meat absolutely fell apart!!! THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW IT'S PERFECT!

I kept it simple with the seasoning, and I'm glad. 
I was worried that it would come out bland or boring -- NOPE! 



Ahhhh... the pork kept falling apart on me, what a horrible problem to have.
You need to make this asap!!

Crock Pot Pork Roast
Ingredients:
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 small golden yam
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano
- 2 cups of chicken broth

Instructions: brown your pork tenderloin for about 7-8 minutes, and season it with salt and pepper.  Chop all your veggies and add them to the crock pot, along with the pork.  Add salt, pepper, rosemary, and oregano + your chicken broth and set your pot on low for at least 6 hours!

I also picked up this beauty on the way back from spin class and stuck it in my freezer! GENIUS.


-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

So, since all of our Halloween shenanigans are officially over for the year, I did some reflecting on how much the "holiday" has changed over the years:

My freshman year of college..... (don't judge me for this, and take note of my freshman 15)
I went all out for 3 nights!

Sour patch kids!

A butterfly!

And a nerd!

In highschool....
I was Mrs. Pots :) Sexy, I know.


and an angel? (this was for a field hockey tournament, so I chose something I could kick ass in...)


Alright....
Now compare that to this year... The only thing "I dressed up as" was a sweaty beast that could easily scare off any trick-or-treaters!



AM I ALREADY GETTING LAME AND CHOOSING MIDTERMS > HALLOWEEN FESTIVITIES?!?!? Oh no...

Don't worry, I'll be sure to celebrate retroactively with some leftover candy :)
Now, go make that pork roast! 
Happy TUESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment