Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ugly Food Excuses

So, be warned, you are about to see some pretty ugggllyy eats.

BUT - before you get all "Casey, you're blind and you have no taste buds - I have a really good excuse... ALL THE POWER WENT OUT IN MY APARTMENT!

Believe me, I was throwing that excuse around all day yesterday.. specifically when people questioned my outfit (sorry, the power was out, I got dressed in the dark) andd maybe when they asked why my eyeliner looked like something out of a maxim magazine. Think thick, heavy, and all over the top half of my face...  (sorry, the power was out, I couldn't see what I was doing.... )

The power has been going out all around the bay area thanks to some epic wind storms!  I think it's similar to the SoCal phenomenon, Santa Ana winds!

Anyways, I came back from the gym at around 11 and my roommate informed me that the power was out :( that meant to warm leftovers for lunch.  It also meant that I could only open the fridge for .4 seconds before having to close it again...

The first thing I managed to grab? pork roast leftovers & guacamole.

Yeahhhh, you know where this is going:
Pork roast and guacamole on top of multi-grain bread.
 


Yes, I know it looks disgusting... but it tasted pretty good.
You know how I love my weird sandwich combos. 

AND you can't go wrong with guacamole, right?
Anyways, off to class I went. I had to squeeze in a lot of work to get ready for this weekend!!! I'm going home (to San Diego!) so I had to get through some meetings and some office hours.

After my last lecture, I came home to find my power fully on and my microwave functioning. On the menu? Leftover pork roast, sweet potatoes, carrots, and golden yams topped with tomato basil marinara and parmesan cheese.  Yum!



I'm still amazed at this whole crock pot thing -- the pork literally falls apart!
And I'm a fan of mushy and over-cooked veggies.  They're kind of my thing.

I also made some chocolate pudding with coconut almond milk for dessert - I'm trying to get my froyo addiction under control... pudding just doesn't cut it.

------------------------------------------------------

Guess who has work at 5:45 in the morning!?!
This girl.

Guess who refuses to eat a granola bar instead of a delicious (and nutritious) breakfast?
This girl.

When my alarm went off at 5:16, I got up and flew to the kitchen... okay, I brushed my teeth and put on some real peoples clothes first, don't worry.  I refused to brush my hair and put on makeup, though.

On the menu?
Healthy French Toast.




Ingredients:
- Slices of your favorite multi-grain bread (I used Sara Lee's 45 calorie multi-grain)
- 1/3 cup of egg-beaters
- a dash of vanilla almond milk
- a packet of splenda
- cinnamon

To make: Beat your eggs, almond milk, sweetener, and cinnamon together in a small bowl and then pour your egg-wash on top of your bread slices.  Make sure the bread soaks up all your eggy stuff and then throw them on the skillet for about 2 minutes on each side.  Drench in french toast and enjoy!

I packed up my tupperware and took this to work, which caused some massssive fits of jealous from my hungry coworkers.  Guess who didn't share....

Anyways, I'm at work.  It's still dark outside.  Its 7:06.  weird.

Humor for the morning:


damn straight.

This is what I look like at work:


HAPPY THURSDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment