Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RECYCLING RECIPES

Yepp, when you have a winner you stick with it...

Last time I made my version of cornbread casserole, I ate it for every meal -- for about 6 days.
Somehow, I never got sick of it.

So, I decided to whip up another batch, only a short week later, because I was craving it -- oddly enough.  I'm pretty sure I have 8 servings left (after already eating 3 and sharing some)...
BRING ON THE LEFTOVERS.

This time, for my maple-y baked bean base, I added some chopped golden yams, sweet potatoes, onions, and cauliflower -- great additions!! It really evens out the cornbread to bean ratio. I also decided to make my cornbread topping from scratch... questionable, I know.

But it turned out delicious, so I must have done something right!



I'm still working through a huge bag a green beans that I bough literally three weeks ago... they're getting pretty flimsy :(

So... in the spirit of recycling recipes.
The usual breakfast:

Rolled oats sweetened with purevia and cinnamon, topped with coconut almond milk and kix!
If you haven't tried the coconut almond milk, it's a must.



And last, but not least, my salad dump.

Seriously, this thing never gets old, although I'm sure you'll beg to differ. 
Sauteed cauliflower, broccoli, Trader Joe's Veggie Masala burger, soy crumbles and mushrooms on top of chopped Romaine -- with feta cheese!
 

Yeah, yeah.
I'm a creature of habit - I realize.


Unfortunately, my manager doesn't realize that.  He changed my work schedule so I now work twice in the morning before class -- helllooo, doesn't he realize I like to run before I start my busy day? 

So, that meant that yesterday, I had to squeeze in 6.5 miles in between classes. without showering. It was rather attractive - I was actually still dripping sweat when I sat down for lecture...
I'm thinking I just lost a few friends, now that that'll be my usual Monday routine.

DAMN I'm already down to three... I need to start bribing people again.

GOOD NEWS: just put in delicious pork and veggie combo in the slooow cooker , so you can stop rolling your eyes everytime you see a salad and oatmeal.  sorry guys!

off to classsss!
RABBIT RABBIT  -- say it on the first of every month for good luck :)  It's a weird family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment