Friday, November 4, 2011

IPHONE & Yanni's Bistro and Grill

Ah.... meet my newest love.

I love it so much, that I was even distracted at DINNER by all its glory and addicting apps. 
Okay, that's only partially true.  As soon as the food came out, I ditched the phone.

For those of you that know me, I'm pretty sure you're aware that I have the worst luck with iPhones... they've been lost, broken, and stolen more times than I can count.  So about a year ago, I gave up and switched to some cheap-o, text-only type thing.

Today, the iPhone and I reunited in what can only be described as perfect harmonious moment.


I might have to celebrate with some app-inspired cupcakes??


Anyways, after a busy day spent running around and breaking the bank...

I took a nap under my mom's desk at work.
THEN, we headed home to change and get ready for dinner at Yanni's Bistro and Grill!

I stumbled upon this place while looking for Mediterranean/Greek food, and this restaurant has all of that AND some amazing Italian dishes.  Could it get any better?

We met up with my grandma and our family friends, Sue and Vicki, then headed for Yanni's.

After sampling some wine, we ordered the Mediterranean Plate which came with a bunch of cold appetizers and some fresh prosciutto.  



Plus a delicious side of Grilled Pita Bread and Tzatziki.


and you can't forget the complimentary Bread basket with a parmesan and garlic crusted flat bread and a soft and doughy french bread.


I ordered a small Mediterranean salad, which they also brought out during the appetizers (not that I was complaining)  Chopped Romaine topped with fresh mozarella, tomatoes, kalamata olives, marinated red peppers, sauteed veggies and an apple and pecan vinaigrette.


To be honest, I was already stuffed after that salad! But... I always have room for delicious dinners and way-too-good-to-be-true desserts :)

My mom and Vicki ordered the mussels and fettucine in a garlic wine sauce.  YUM!


And Sue ordered the Chicken Skewers which came with a veggie skewer, some mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, pita and tzatziki.


Excuse the washed out photos...
I ordered the Salmon Bordetta which was a perfectly grilled salmon topped with homemade marinara sauce and stewed tomatoes in a lobster broth with mussels.


My meal also came with some sauteed green beans, roasted carrots, mashed sweet potatoes, and mashed parmesan potatoes.  I ended up topping the veggies and mashed potatoes with the salmon and marinara (not the sweet potatoes, don't worry). Perfect.


The real winner of the night was Gram's Lamb Cannolini -- I need to order pasta more often because nothing is better than soft lamb meet stuffed into some cheesy carbs, right?


We sampled all the dishes but mainly stuck with our own meals -- I don't think anyone had anyyyy complaints about their orders!  I could only eat about half of the salmon, but that's because I was saving room for.... Dessert.

Mediterranean sundae for two: a scoop of chocolate gelato a scoop of cappucino gelato, topped with whipped cream and crumbled cookie crust.  


A Chocolate and Vanilla mousse topped with strawberries, whipped cream, and shredded milk and dark chocolate. 


And my favorite of the night: Warm, homemade Baklava. Perfection.  Really. 


I seriously couldn't stop eating the baklava or that sundae!! The rest of our dinner party dropped out after a few bites... so I obviously had to pick up their slack.

Right?

Guys - I'm beyond stuffed. And I'm loving it. 
I'm off to watch some Grey's Anatomy and Glee (love direct tv... gotta add that to the list of reasons why I love being home). 

GOODNIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment