Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Pinterest is amazing.

Not only will it suck the productivity right out of you, but often times, it will result in amazing recipe finds and meal inspirations!!

I need to share some random eats before we hop to that delicious cauliflower crust pizza!

Lately, I've been craving creamy noodles. 

But, I never have cream-based sauce on hand AND there's no way I'm going to whip that up for a quick lunch when I really just need some food in my belly.

I took a tip from Hungry Girl who swears by Laughing Cow Lite Cheese wedges! 

Soy noodles with Laughing Cow Lite Sun dried Tomatoes and Basil with Jalapenos Chicken Sausage from Trader Joes.


I simply browned the chicken sausage on the stove top for about 5 minutes and then added my soy noodles to the pan (to get them toasty).  After I transferred them to a bowl, I mixed in one wedge of laughing cow lite cheese, some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  YUM.  I've had this lunch twice in the past week (I just forgot to tell you about it...)

Then I went to work.
My coworker was playing with my NEW IPHONE and decided to take a creeper picture of me while I was chatting with our boss -- no, I wasn't getting in trouble for being "sarcastic and sassy" to the patrons (that would never happen...)



Okay, so back to pinterest & pizza.
This is basically the highlight of the post (other than that picture of me....sexy)

I adapted this recipe but made a few changes based on what ingredients I had on had (and I substituted some more health conscious options... with the cheese, not that this pizza isn't healthy enough).

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
 


Ingredients:
- 1 cup of diced cauliflower
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg substituted (I used egg beaters)
- 1 cup of mozzarella (I used about 1/3 of fat free mozzarella and fat free feta)
- oregano, salt, pepper, minced garlic or garlic powder.
- any pizza toppings of your choice!

To make: Preheat your oven to 450. Wash and pulse your cauliflower in a food processor (or chop veryyyy small!) and microwave for about 5 or 6 minutes (the recipe called for 8 and I burnt mine).  Once finished, mix together your egg, cheese and spices.  Then bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.  Throw on your toppings and broil for about 2-3! ENJOY!

reasons why I love this cool crust idea:
- great for gluten intolerant friends! (like Annie)
- cuts out the high calorie and carb content of typical frozen pizzas
- loaded with protein and fiber!

---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

My breakfast was also a total winner thanks to the addition of pumpkin butter that my mom surprised me with this weekend :)

Anytime I start my day off with pancakes, there's an extra pep in my step.

and I needed that pep today!  I had tons of class, a bum knee (thanks to upping my mileage), and an interview that I was nervous for!

Maple whole wheat pancakes topped with Pumpkin Butter and Bananas!
 


I've been adapting my doughy pumpkin pancake recipe a lot lately!
Today I added in maple extract instead of pumpkin puree -- I've also added in blueberries, chopped apples, carob chips, coconut extract, and plain old vanilla and cinnamon!

I've been meaning to try out yogurt or cottage cheese in place of that pumpkin puree, so I'll let you know how that works out :)

I had a long day!
And, of course, I'm off to go study for a midterm tomorrow.

Anticipate some froyo and salad beasts in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment