I'm officially in love.
I first encountered pumpkin pancakes at Ihop - many moons ago - and whenever I spot them on a menu, there's no doubt that they will soon be consumed!!
However, nobody likes the fact that IHOP is...
1. filled with a scary amount of discretionary calories
2. usually not in walking distance :(
SO, I decided to make my own version of those amazing pumpkin pancakes this morning, at home, in the comfort of my own kitchen!!
Doughy and Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1/3 cup of flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup of liquid (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of extract (I used maple! vanilla would taste great too)
- 2 1/2 packets of sweetener (I use PureVia)
- dash of salt
- dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
Instructions: these are super easy!! and fast! Mix all of them together. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter (kind of thick batter - not like usual pancakes) onto the pan and flip when ready :)
Makes 4 delicious, dense, doughy, filling, fall-inspired pancakes!!!!
Off to take my Arabic test!! But I had to start my day off right :)
Plus I couldn't wait to share this with you!!
go make pancakes