Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleep, Spin, & Salad

My life is a cliche alliteration... but I'm okay with that because I loveeee it.
After a lazy morning (not working out before class is a treat), I packed up a quick and healthy lunch and ran out the door.

Tuna salad, yellow pepper, hearts of palm, and chopped romaine lettuce.



I made the tuna with a tablespoon of Miracle Whip and some simple salt and pepper -- delicious!! It's crazy how "simple" is always the best way to go...

I ate my lunch outside in the sunshine :) with a green apple and some calcium chew action!

After another successful Arabic class, I was still hungry, so I did what any sane person would do... ran (fast walked..ugh) home and made some

Maple brown sugar oatmeal with frozen berries mixed in.



It was kind of weird mixing in some tart berries with the creamy maple flavor... but I like weird.  It works for me -- absolutely no complaints.

I turned the tv to FOOD NETWORK, set my cell phone alarm, and power napped before class.

I made plans to meet up with the bestie -- and roommate AND coworker (she got a job at the gym with meeee!) -- to make it to the 5:30 spin class after our separate lectures finished... no, we don't have the same "educational" classes, otherwise she might kill me (poor thing already has to spend 20 out of 24 hours of her day with me!!).

Spin was good.  I couldn't breathe without sniffling up snot at the same time but it felt good to get my sweat on.. I have this theory that it makes you feel better?? I dunnnnno?  Maybe I'm dehydrated and delusional...

After we stretched, we looked at each other and immediately agreed on picking up some of the best salads ever for dinner... nothing sounded better after a delicious spin class.


Veggie delight salad -- chopped lettuce topped with croutons, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, sprouts, a hardboiled egg, and half of an avocado! Served with the best home made honey wheat bread (warm and doughy) and my favorite low-cal veggie dressing (think sesame!)



Obviously, they made these portion sizes with us in mind.... not even I could tackle that beast solo!  Fun fact - this was the first thing I ever ate when I moved to the Bay Area.

Another fun fact: sister and I tried to split this salad and STILL couldn't finish it.

Another fun fact: I've taken every single person who has visited me to this hot spot and none of us have been successful in the "finishing" department...

If anybody wants to visit, I'd be happy to help you attempt this food challenge tooooo!

Off to study... what else would I do with my Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday night.?!

No comments:

Post a Comment