Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happiness Comes in Large Bowls...

It's only Tuesday and I'm ready for the weekend! Who's with me?

As you know, I have a weird obsession with eating my meals out of gigantic bowls with the same little spoon... every day. I eat my smoothies in a bowl, I've been known to eat sandwiches out of bowls -- don't judge me.

I think it's a psychological thing.  Other than the obvious fact that I might be mentally deranged... I feel like food that comes in HUGE bowls mean two things: large portions and comfort fooooood.

So, of course, I had a massive quantity of oatmeal, in a large bowl, with that tiny spoon for breakfast!
Cinnamon & Spice oatmeal with blueberries and candied walnuts.



I'm literally dreading the day when I run out of candied walnuts.  I mean, I suppose it's possible to make another batch -- but waiting 10 to 12 minutes until their coated in honey and cooked to perfection is pure torture.  Patience is a virtue, impatience is my middle name. 

I have an "early" class on Tuesdays (9:30 as opposed to the usual nooner class...) so I finished up breakfast, did some last minute reading/review, got ready for class (in my workout clothes), and made lunch! 

Since I eat on campus between classes, I decided to pack a big enough sandwich to last me 5 minutes out of my 55 minute break time. 

Honey wheat bread, 2 slices of provolone, enough guacamole to kill a horse, tomato slices, and lettuce. I might have eaten this with a fork a knife... out of my tuperware container. 



Dare I say it?  It was too big to fit into my mouth -- that rarely happens.
Tis a sad, sad day, when my mouth can't keep up with my stomach! I also had a green apple anddd some calcium chews to pass the time.

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

I finished up with Arabic & Political Psychology (which is a cool class if you want to learn why you're a neurotic nutcase 95 percent of the time... I've learned a lot about myself).

It's literally around 80 degrees up here -- not that I'm complaining -- but that means my afternoon snack had to be something other than oatmeal!

Toasted multi-grain english muffin with butttaaa & applesauce with almond milk and berries. 
 

Okay, I totally just realized I rarely act my age.  
I either act like an old person (as I rarely make it up past 10 on the weekends and I wake up at 6 am to watch my "shows" on tv).... or a kindergartner. 

Does anyone want to guess what happens after snack time?? NAP TIME
I fell asleep while watching Rachel Ray's 30-minute meals... 

Woke up, had a lovely conversation on my way to class while trying not to sweat from the 15 minute walk across campus.... learned about INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS ATROCITIES... and headed to the gym for a 5:30 spin class with my lady friend/roommate/bestie. 

After spin, we went for a little 1.5-1.7 mile jog and WE FOUND 10 DOLLARS on the ground -- which basically meant frozen yogurt WITH toppings for dessert. 

Um, when we got back to the apartment, we looked like animals who had been abused and left out in the rain.
I guess I sweat. a lot. 



Good thing I'm super buff so people overlook my sweaty appearance and focus on my guns...

Jenny and I had one thing on our mind (okay, two... frozen yogurt is always on my mind)
DINNER!

After spin, I never want anything except salad. Eating something warm sounds like a federal crime. So, I had a repeat salad bowl..

Romaine lettuce topped with leftover Thanksgiving-inspired Acorn Squash and coated in Trader Joe's Pear Champagne Vinaigrette. 
 

Jenny and I share a love for big bowls.
Check out our hers & hers salads :)



Yes, it's the size of my head. And yes, I obviously finished it... why, is that weird?

Guess what was on the menu for dessert?!
Since we found 10 dollars on our run we figured run = froyo.... funny how that works out. 

White Cake Batter with Peanut Butter Chocolate FROYO topped with graham cracker, waffle cone, and oreo cookie crumbles.



Okay.... confession.

It was an emotional night.  My friends needed me.  Ice cream needed me.. Who am I to be selfish and deny them my words of infinite wisdom and the comfort of a shared gallon of ice cream?

Extreme Moose Tracks Ice Cream.
 

enough said.

Happiness come in large bowls... and large cartons of ice cream!
Have a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment