Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Italian Night!

Mmmmm :) ever since I picked up a frozen pizza from Trader Joe's like 2 weeks ago.. I've had Italian (more specifically pizzzza) on my mind!

Literally, every time I opened my freezer, that pizza was staring back at me.  I was planning on making it for dinner and then just eating up the leftover slices for lunch/dinner the next day... but knowing my total lack of self control, I knew it would be safer to share with a few of my favorite people!

Before heading to class (and after my nooner nap), I toasted a Thomas Multi-grain english muffin, which I drizzled with honey.  I also had some raw almonds and raisins on the side.


Honestly, having a class from 4-5:30 is torture.  OBVIOUSLY, the entire class is paying absolutely no attention to game theory and prisoners' dilemma.. and we're all thinking about what we want for dinner.  Poor professor... he lost the race for my attention today, because I knew what was coming after class ------

ITALIAN NIGHT WITH MY LADY FRIENDS!
ge-budgeted Italian feast
I headed to my apartment to pick up my contribution to the Italian-feast-on-a-college-budget... then walked the 1/2 a block to Annie and Lisa's house.

Annie and Lisa had already preheated the oven and started on an amazing salad:

Chopped romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, green olives, cauliflower, chickpeas, kidney beans, carrots, and sliced chicken breast.


This is my kind of salad.  The type that you empty your refrigerator in... but somehow it all works out. 
As I popped my pizza into the oven, I started sauteing some frozen green beans and mixed veggies with garlic, salt, and pepper. 


Nine short minutes later... this baby was ready for eating.
Mozzarella, arugula, and tomato pizza.


I actually went back for seconds on the salad...
we demolished the salad and the veggies! Surprisingly, the pizza was the last to go!



It was a perfectly satisfying and perfectly healthy dinner.
While we munched, we discussed important world affairs... like the "hottie who sadly has a gap in his front teeth" in Annie's neuro-bio class. 

Okay, check out what Annie and Lisa had hiding in their refrigerator?!?! Leftover birthday cake in the form of Hershey's cream pie!
 

After finishing off like 1/6 of the pie.....
Frozen yogurt whaaat?!


We kind of figured our healthy dinner needed to be balanced by a not-so-healthy dessert.
See my logic there??

I'm kind of digging the themed, potluck-style dinner!  We already have plans for a Mexican night in the near future :) It's like eating out without all the money anddd unnecessary calories.... the chocolate pie and froyo are very necessary calories....

Off to study!!
with a full belly :) just the way I like it.

Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment