Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes, Take Two!

I told you I'd be back with some more punkin' pancakes for ya :) -- by the way did any of you guys say "punkin'" when you were little? .... or was that just another weird Casey thing??

I swear the weather in the Bay Area just doesn't like to cooperate with me!
I woke up all ready for fall (crispy leaves, cool air, snuggly sweaters... and PUMPKIN!)... however, I woke up and it was already starting to heat up outside (suns out, temps up... damn).

Did that stop me from my fall-filled pumpkin pancakes? Not a chance. 

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with raisins, topped with warm maple syrup!
 



The raisins were a seriously great addition!! It tasted like pumpkin bread in the form of pancakes -- all before 8 AM!  sign me up?

So, I made a serious effort to try to capture the doughy denseness of these babies -- mid bite.
Of course, taking photos insides is not my forte, so use your imagination :)
 


By the way -- can you spot the jug of maple syrup in the background?  On top of my Arabic book... story of my life: food > foreign language studying!!

Warning: these pancakes are not light and fluffy -- they are fill-you-up, dense, deliciousness wrapped up in the form of pumpkin pie-inspired 'cakes.  Deal?

I'm off for my favorite Monday/Wednesday run & abs class!!
AND I swear I won't have a sandwich for lunch (goodbye guac and cheese combo....)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment