Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sugary, Sweet, & Swim-filled Mornings!

Good Morning!!
So, after reflecting on my last few posts on the ol' blog... I realized that I've been approaching the blog as another thing on my to-do list, not as something that I seriously enjoy.

I love eating, I love exercising, I love talking about myself... and I love sharing it all with you guys! So why the weird feelings of obligation lately??

One word: school.
Okay a few more words: I haven't really gotten into the "groove" of things, so I've been having issues juggling everything on my plate (a food metaphor? Really, Case?).  BUT I never want to feel like the blog is something I HAVE TO DO, it's something I want to do -- I just need to make sure I get all my studying under control first :)

Anyways, that was my "serious thought" of the day, so now that I've reached my quota of seriousness for the day... on to some yummier things!

I woke up pretty hungry... I guess the soup, cake, and snickerdoodles didn't fill me up last night?  I probably should have had a third cookie (what was I thinking...)

So, I made up some super thick and creamy oatmeal from scratch:
Maple Coconut Oats:
1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 cups of water, sprinkle of salt, 2 sweetener packets, a little coconut extract, a tablespoon of shredded coconut (that I had lying around), and maple syrup!



Ahhh, totally slurped up the maple syrup.  Weird at 6 am?  Nahhhh...

I realized I didn't have class until noon and, although I had plans to workout with my buddy after class, I headed to the pool to get my flop-in-the-pool-for-an-hour swim forrrr the day.

My workout was actually kind of fun!  I forget how good swimming feels on the boddd.
Duration: 60 minutes, 2000 meters.

The workout:
- easy 200 freestyle warm up
- easy 500 freestyle
- 6 x 200 intervals of arms, legs, and speedy freestyle
- easy 100 cool down

I came back, showered super super super fast, and decided to make one of my mom's "IHope specials"
using her Medifast pancake mix -- packed with protein! 90 calories, 11 grams of protein... perfect post-work out snack!



Uhh... for some reason I didn't inherit my mom's pancake flipping skills... You should have seen the other side of that pancake (hideous).  I added blueberries and WaldenFarms zero cal blueberry syrup. My pancake pictures are on top... My mom's is below.

What is WRONG with me?!
 

Okay, Mom... you can officially quit your job and work at IHop.  You have me beat by a mile.

OFF TO CLASS!!! and to watch a little Kourtney& Khloe Take Miami :)
Catchaaaaa lataaa

No comments:

Post a Comment