Thursday, September 29, 2011

Small Dose of Culture

Newest obsession:


I needed to share this song with someone because it's so beautiful!

My professor for International Human Rights played this song for us during lecture, in order to show us the beauty of indigenous cultures that often get overshadowed by mainstream culture.  What I got out of this lesson?  stay true to yourself, don't let the majority dictate who you are!!

So, in an effort to stay true to myself.... (alright, I'm stretching it a little too far)
I cooked up one of my favorite dishes: spaghetti squash!
 
 Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Spaghetti Squash:




I used up the other half of my spaghetti squash which was prepared (baked and scraped out) but not seasoned :) ready for some experimenting --

Ingredients:
- 1/2 a spaghetti squash (or the full thing!)
- 1 chicken sausage (I used TJoes Sweet Italian)
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 1 cup of broccoli
- chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1-1.5 tbsp of minced garlic
- can of creamy soup (Campbell's cream of mushroom and chicken work really well)
- 1/4 cup of non-fat mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper!

How to: start by sauteing your sausage and your onion with some non-stick cooking spray.  Add in your garlic and your broccoli, and after about 2 minutes, add in your mushrooms and your squash.  Add some salt and pepper!! Then, top with a creamy soup (like Campbell's cream of mushroom) and non-fat mozzarella cheese!

Enjoy immensely and go back for 2nds... and thirds if you have no sense of "hungry" or "full."

Midway through my dinner, I got a text from one of my girls, politely asking if I could accompany her on a much-needed froyo date.... she was having mental issues due to excessive studying.

My response? HELL YEAH, SEE YOU IN 15!!!!

Pajama bottoms? Check.
Scarf because it's annoyingly cold? Check.
The company of two great girls? Check.
Now all that's missing is....

Mounds bar and french vanilla frozen yogurt topped with oreos, waffle cone, and graham cracker bits.

My moments of bliss lasted all of 5 minutes... until I hit the bottom of the cup :(
Snuck a few bites from my roommates froyo (Sorry, Matt.. if you're reading this... I can't be trusted with such valuables)

Curled up with hot cocoa and Grey's Anatomy!!!
Now I have to go be a productive member of society -- and study. Ugh.

Goodnight!!! 
Ps. Birthday cake may make an appearance around midnight tonight... be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment