Friday, September 30, 2011

Pancakes and Prancing Around

Okay, I'm a liar... I was really dancing around, but the double P alliteration was too tempting.

I woke up without my alarm (which makes waking up way more enjoyable!) and headed to the kitchen for some strong coffee!

After about ohhh 4 minutes, I was ready for breakfast :) I put on this song -- don't worry, my roommates were either gone or asleep... -- danced around a bit and got to work on my pumpkin pancake batter!


This song kind of screams "morning person," so if you're not one of the chosen ones... then I suggest saving the song for an afternoon pick-me-up!

It's my mission to find the perfect combination of mix-ins to go with my doughy pumpkin pancakes!
I've tried raisins... and that's about it.

So, this morning I went for some fresh blueberries: 

Pumpkin pie pancakes with fresh blueberries and maple syrup




and my attempt to catch a picture while I eat:


Yes, the washed out quality of the photos really bring the dish to life.

I was a big fan of the blueberries - it's like pumpkin bread/muffins with fresh blueberries.
Yes? Sign me up.
 
Anyways, 5 minutes later, after literally licking my plate because there was leftover maple syrup and blueberry innards....


I said a sad goodbye to my best friend in the entire world: the jug of maple syrup.
And got ready for the day.

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!
Hope you have a great day, guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment