Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bizarre Foods With...

No, I will not be documenting myself eating anything that is still crawling
... with a beating heart... or anything of that nature.  So, I guess the title of this post is a little misleading.

In defense of my title, I will tell you that my dinner includes soy crumbles, taco shells, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes.  Yeah, wrap your mind around that while I tell you about today's yummies :)

For my b-fast, I choose to go with my current obsession: Cake Batter Pudding Oatmeal
this is the same one from yesterday's post - but I remembered to snap a quick pic before demolishing the entire bowl in ohhhh well under 2 minutes.  Don't judge.  That's actually slow for me.


Ps. Fun fact: the background is black because I wake up a freakin' 6 AM!!!!!!

So... I decided to pack my lunch (which is typical) for work.  Okay, I raid the fridge at work to check out what everyone else brings... who the heck eats carrot sticks and spinach for lunch?  With a side of celery and an apple?  Those skinny bitches in the city.  I'm am no such s-b.  Check out my lunchie:

I transformed my Bulgar Pasta Bowl into a take-it-to-go meal



Bulgur Pasta Bowl:
Ingredients
- about 1/3 cup of cooked bulgur
- diced onion
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach
- 1 package of Shiritaki noodles
(soy noodles about 40 cals per pack)
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- add in veggies of choice!




CAN I JUST TELL YOU how awkward I feel taking pictures of my food?
I seriously considered sneaking my lunch into the bathroom stall to snap a picture... to avoid further judgment from the aforementioned skinny bitches... but then I realized that would probably result in something other than just a few weird looks.  And maybe a few violations of our city's heath codes.  So, I sucked it up and waited for the kitchen to clear up... the things I do for you guys :)

And to follow that, I gobbled up some Chobani plain non-fat yogurt that I sweetened up and add fresh blueberries and granola to.  Um, can you say delicious?  And the colors look kinda coooool !!!

My burnt granola made this quite interesting...

For a afternoon snackie-poo, I made an undercooked Medi-fast brownie - which resulted in a warm, gooey, lava cake creation! Diet food rocks!! The bean lady (cupcake taster & doughnut affectionado) who also steals our mom's Medifast meals actually asked if she could subsist on the brownies alone... I'm thinking the same thing currently.  Those things are delish.

I headed to the gym and opted for a 4.3 mile run.  It was kinda lame... I tapped into those exercise tips I gave you from yesterday, but I wasn't really feelin' a workout.  BIG SURPRISE THERE.

On my way home, after a quick phone call from my dad who suggested I whip up a quick and delicious batch of fried rice, I decided to make tacos.  Go figure.  Sorry Dad!
But, sticking to my crazy salad makeovers (remember the In-N-Out Salad?) I decided to go with...



Loaded Taco Salad
Ingredients:
- 2/3 cups of meat (I use soy crumbles)
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- taco seasoning
- romaine lettuce
- 2 corn taco shells
- reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese 

Head up the meat, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning on the stove top while you prepare the salad. Layer the romaine lettuce in a huge bowl, crumble the taco shells (heated up in the microwave for 25 seconds), top with the taco meat combination and top with cheesy goodness.


But, keeping with my weird cravings recently, I wasn't satisfied with only a delicious salad for dinner.  So I decided to combine my love of oats, dessert, and sweet potatoes into dinner, part two:

Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal Bowl
Ingredients:
- about a cup of sweet potatoes
- some milk (almond milk), yogurt (Chobani) , cinnamon, and sugar (splenda)
- Cake Batter Pudding Oatmeal
- Toppings: Whipped Cream and half of a banana.

Heat up the sweet potatoes in the microwave, mash up with the milk, yogurt, sweetener. Top with your cooked oatmeal - heat again for a minute - then top with bananas and whipped cream :) HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH.  It's literally sweet potato pie.






Okay... can we just end on that note?  Because I'm off to make another bowl.  No joke.  This stuff is that good.  I wonder what the s-b's from my work would say if they saw me eating that!!

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment