Monday, July 18, 2011

Some Yoga & Delicious Leftovers!


As I'm sure you're all aware.... I was in a food coma last night.  We're talking like passed out on the couch, can't move, carry me to the bathroom type.  Okay, I'm being a little dramatic.  Point is, I was beyond FULL! 

To remedy this situation, my roommate and I headed to the gym to meet up with Henry (yeah, three foodies at the gym = probably the one place you won't see us eating... this is a rarity).  We hit the free weights, where I showed the roommie my awesome total arm and leg weight routine.  And then we went to an abs & back class where our favorite instructor was waiting to kick our asssssessss. 
And kick she did.  But it was a love kick, ya know?  My abs are probably thanking her now... but last night they were a little pissed off.  Why I decided to mix pizza dough, biscuits, gravy, and ice cream together before working out... I'll never know.

Anyways, after a brief I-think-I'm-either-going-to-puke-or-pass-out class... The roommie and I headed to the coooolest yoga sesh ever: A Vinyasa flow yoga class by candlelight! Coolest thing ever.



We went to this studio called Yoga to the People, which is run by money from donations only and emphasizes that yoga should be available to everyone in the community.  The instructors were really big on both oneness within the community and individuality during your practice... It was very yoga-like if you catch my drift.  The studio was all wood, filled with natural colors and stones - pretty big donations huh?

This is a quote from their website:


We started off stretching a bit, doing some child's pose... and then before I knew it my thighs were on fire, there was sweat dripping into my eyes, and I had to shed clothing before I ended up like some of the other poor souls who were passed out on their backs trying to "channel the energy from the room."  Yeah, right. After about 40 minutes of power poses, we had a nice series of stretching and meditation. 

Whoever said yoga isn't a workout has obviously never had their asses kicked by an innocent-looking yoga instructor with dread locks.  Lies I tell you.

------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning:
I missed by beloved oatmeal bowls so I tried out a combination of my two favorite foods: OATS & NANNERS!  I made Chocolate Banana Pudding Oats :)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 of a nanner (or more if you have it, I didn't)
- 3 tbls of no sugar added chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3/2 cups of water
- 3 packets of sweetener
- dash of salt

SOOO bomb.  And it leaves you feeling full... but not I-just-got-ice-cream-after-a-potluck full.

I headed to work in the city and stopped at wallgreens to pick up a few thank you cards and a gift for the coolest people I've probably met: my supervisors! It was really sad starting to say good bye to everybody.
:( Technically, my last day is tomorrow, but Tuesdays are always busy in the office. 

I snacked on some granola, raisins, and almonds.
Finished some work... barely taking any breaks for foodgawking!!

Then heated up my delicious lunch:  I had leftovers of the Kabocha squash topped with some spicy vegetarian stew.  & sliced red and yellow peppers with leftover homemade guacamole.


I tried to sneak pictures... but some lady was eating bbq chicken and cornbread in the kitchen area.  OBVIOUSLY someone didn't get the vegetables-diet-soda-only memo that the rest of the ladies in the office seem to follow religiously... how incredibly embarrassing for her.  hahahaI'm horrible.

By the way, quick calorie counting factoid: Kabocha squash - which takes almost identicle to yams and sweet potatoes, except probably denser and more moist - only has 30 calories per cup?!? what?! Looks like I'll be bathing in the stuff from now on.
Who said healthy can't be amazingly delicious?? Okay, but nothing beats ice cream and carrot cake (both of which I see in my near future.. like at my going away dinner tonight).

Guess where we're going:

No comments:

Post a Comment