Monday, July 25, 2011

Food Vs. Bikini Bod...

Okay, knowing that I'd be in a bikini for two weeks, nonstop this summer, I tried my best to behave myself, work out a little more, and eat a little healthier. 

That kind of went to Hell a few days ago.

Nobody - besides maybe Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum - seriously enjoys standing around in next-to-nothing bathing suits, while getting their picture taken (Dad!) Obviously sister and I have been a bit self conscious... and then she said some true words of wisdom that I will forever live by:

"There is a time and a place for dieting, and this isn't it"

TRUE DAT SISTAAA!

After a quick siesta upon returning from our morning run/pastry excursion, it was lunch time:

I made a realllyyy fresh salad, topped with a runny egg
& had like 5 sandwiches with cold cuts and cheese :) and obviously we had pastries and cookies


Then we headed to the beach for some gorgeous water & sun action!
This is one of our favorite spots - crystal clear water!





We headed home for more siesta & snack time (unpictured bread, cheese, healthy donut...) and then Dad set about getting dinner prepared.  Pork chops, green beans, potatoes, and zucchini and beets on the grill! Best home cooked meal ever and we weren't even at home



Dessert was a bunch of random snacking on a chocolate croissant, butterscotch pudding oatmeal, cookies, leftover donut.... the works. There will also be gelato in the near future - I'm positive.

In a battle between food and a bikini bod... food will always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment