Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Day Filled With Sweets

Judging from my post-lunch dessert, I'm not surprised by how the rest of my day turned out... utterly filled with sinful sweets. Just the way I like it :)

So, after lunch, and another doctors appointment, I realized that my stepmom's birthday celebration would be a great time to test out a delicious new recipe/use up some of those value pack m&m cookies! How brilliant am I?  My mind just amazes me...

I quickly stopped at the grocery store to pick up necessary ingredients, then headed straight for the kitchen to get my dessert in the over before leaving for dinner and HARRY POTTTTAAA!!!!

I decided to make...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars!
ingredients:
filling:
- 8 oz of fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 3/4 cup of splenda
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- Dash of salt
- tsp or tbls of vanilla extract (I eyeballed)
- Some cinnamon for kicks
-  2 cookies blended in and 2 crumbled into the mix

Crust: crumbled pre-made cookies (I used those m&m cookies we have in the house!)
Directions: Line an 8x8 sheet with tinfoil and spray with non-stick spray.  Crumble the cookies and press firmly into the tray.  Mix together all the ingredients for the filling in either a blender or hand-held mixer then crumble in the remaining 2 cookies.  Pour into the pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees :) Refrigerate until cool and serve !!!


I quickly transferred the cheesecake bars into the refridge before we ran out the door and right to the movies.  The coolest part about the movie, was the fact that we were seeing it in IMAX 3D!! At the local mall - with a bomb food court :)  There were tons of choices for everyone.  2 of us got sushi, 2 of us got some japanese bento style meals, dad got a gyro salad and Casey got...


A Veggie Taco Salad from the Mexican joint!  It was surprisingly just what I wanted.
A bed of lettuce, topped with grilled onions and peppers, black beans, salsa, cilantro, corn salsa... all the good innards of a burrito, stuffed into an amazing salad!

Of course, this was just the beginning of our meal.  Sister and I decided to kill the half hour before movie time by perusing the mall in search of some froyo... this is what we stumbled across.




YOGENFRUZ: mint chocolate chip mix ins & chocolate and oreo!

Some snacks for the movie:




And then we headed home to celebrate my amazing stepmom's birthday :):) We opened some silly gifts, blew out some crazy candles, and stuffed our faces with delicious desserts!  Do you know a better way to celebrate??  Happy Birthday Ms. Ducky :) I LOVE YOU




Now, we're off to pack!  Our CROATIAN adventure begins tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment