Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to a Healthy-er Lifestyle

Vacations really take a toll on your body...
and by toll, I mean that bloated, exhausted, out-of-whack feeling that seems to last a few days.

So, in an effort to combat the after-vacation gloom (paradise --> reality = bummer), Sister and I started our morning off at the gym with some... BODY PUMP! I've been dying to try one of these total-body workout & weight training classes, but it's not offered at my gym :(

We were up at 5 - jetlag kills - chilled, ate a snack, and ran to the gym, where we proceeded to get our asses kicked by some Jillian Michaels look-alike instructor. I LOVED IT! All the upbeat music made the time fly by... it was like a giant dance party... that leaves you feeling exhausted and sore for days :)

BodyPump: BODYPUMP™ is designed to improve strength and endurance in the major muscle groups and, in doing so, burn calories. We use carefully chosen music tracks to guide you through the class with maximum effect. -- from the website

Source.

Anyways, breakfast was the usual delicious oatmeal bowl (with pistachio pudding!)

Lunch was wayyy more exciting:
I mixed up tuna salad, low-fat cottage cheese, and dill relish that I threw on top of a huge bed of lettuce and topped with tomatoes and hearts of palm. 

Healthy Tuna Salad
- 1 can/pouch of tuna
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- Dill relish to your liking
- salt and pepper (maybe garlic salt, if you'd like)

A huge bowl of salad should get the good ole system back in check...


Dinner even topped lunch!
Arrival back in America = Chinese food in mass quantities.

Can you say...
Moo shu Pork

2. Combination stir-fried udon noodles
 3. COMBINATION SOUP WITH HOMEMADE NOODLES :)
this was the real reason we got chinese food... the rest was just fluff.
delicious fluff


Do you think we can continue the trend and make dessert even better than bfast, lunch, and dinner?
DUH!

Milwaukee Frozen Custard

With great company (my cousins & an old friend!), Sister and I split a scoop of chocolate frozen custard and the flavor of the day: caramel cashew.  I ate like 3/4s of it...

And I already downloaded the full calendar of "flavor of the days" for the entire month :)

source.

source.
Okay...
Maybe I should reconsider the blog post title.  Healthy-er my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment