Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Obsessions


COOL WHIP IS MY NEWEST OBSESSION.

1. It's basically like having dessert for breakfast.
2. When frozen, it tastes exactly like ice cream.
3. I use it in place of butter - tastes better AND has fewer calories (20 cals per 2 tbsp?!)

To say I wish I could bathe in this is an understatement......



I woke up and had bfast right away -- I was hungryyyy !
A Thomas' Multi-grain 100 calorie english muffin topped with cool whip light, some scrambled egg beaters, and blueberries.



I wasn't really excited about my run this morning.  Weird, because lately (since my mom got me new running shoes that have eliminated my blistery problems) I've been super pumped.  Yesterday I had an "off day," so I think I was scared I'd have another bad run.

wrong-o. I headed out on my all-time favorite route, that takes you up and up and up and slightly down and more up and a little down and up up up some crazy killer hills.  My legs were feelings great. I know I was looking great (the two gallons of sweat look is sooo in right now). and 7.1 miles later... I was back in my apartment, wondering why I didn't keep going?
 


Oh, I remember why.
I was hungry -- again.
I took the world's fastest shower (hunger is some mighty good motivation) and ran... literally... into the kitchen to make lunch! What was on the menu?

Return of the smoothie bowl: Chocolate protein and cocoa powder smoothie, topped with COOL WHIP and puffed wheat cereal. This was actually my first time making a legit smoothie bowl from scratch, as I usually just cheat and use one of my mom's MediFast shake packets. 


Chocolate Recovery Shake in a Bowl:
Ingredients: 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, 1 tbsp of unsweetend Cocoa powder, 2 packets of sweetener, ice cubes, a pinch of xanthan gum (to thicken), and water & almond milk -- which I added until I liked the consistency.

Next? A Lettuce, tomato, garlic and herb cheese sandwich on a multi-grain 100 calorie sandwich thin (I ended up adding in some cottage cheese too!) 

After some chilllin' on my ass, we all headed out to enjoy the gorgeous day.



Yes, that is Jenny. And she is a college student.  We have perfected the balance between playtime and worktime... often, we combine them into one.

---------------------------------
---------------------------------

I went grocery shopping.  Yes, again.  I told you it was my favorite pastime.

Came home, and immediately fell asleep on the couch, only to wake up to Jenny cooking something that smelled completely amazing (Tofu scramble?!)

So, obviously, my stomach told me to wake up and feed it.  It's seriously getting super demanding these days... high maintenance much?

Vegetarian Bolognese with mushrooms, onions, and Shiritaki soy noodles. 
I used Morning Star meatless crumbles (which are delicious and tastes exactly like ground beef), 1 cup of tomato and basic pasta sauce, 1/4 of a chopped yellow onion, and 5 baby bella mushrooms. Plus a package of shiritaki soy noodles! (told you I eat these things like no other).



I roasted brussel sprouts -- I haven't had these famous, hated-by-children veggies... ever.  
What?! I know.  Soooo I roasted them with some non-stick cooking spray, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano.  In the over at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, then broiled for a few minutes!

They were delicious.  Do you think they would go well with cool whip?? I think I might need to combine my two newest obsession...



Somehow, they all fell into one bowl -- and were immensely enjoyed!

Guess what?!?!  My roommate wants to go running :) and since I'm on such a great post-running high, I'm totally tagging along! I'll let you know if I survive...

No comments:

Post a Comment