Saturday, August 13, 2011

PMS cake

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the inner workings of the female body, let me enlighten you.  There comes a time of the month when you will notice your lady friends acting emotional for no reason (actually boys, you're probably the reason).  They may be irrational.  Maybe they'll overreact a bit... this is called PMS.

It is not my time of the month. 

HOWEVER, I really wanted chocolate.  So, my night ended with a double.. maybe triple.... helping of Chocolate Pudding PMS Cake. 

Before it was stuff-your-face-with-cake time, it was breakfast, lunch, and dinner :)

Soooo let's start there.
Breakfast:

Vanilla Pudding Pancake Oatmeal!
Who knew that sugar free maple syrup could taste so good??
Into the mix: 1/2 cup of oats, 2 cups of water, a handful of blueberries, 1 packet of splenda, 1/4 packet of sugar free vanilla pudding, topped with sugar free maple syrup.

I ended up having a vanilla protein smoothie bowl before I promptly fell asleep on the couch for an hour or two....
I did wake up in order to get to my hot lunch date:
 Panera --- one of my favorite places!
I met up with my best friend from high school and we grabbed some delish salads before heading to our date-like activity.  Thai chopped chicken salad.  400 calories. Amazing.


If any of you are San Diegans... maybe you can guess where I went to get my "exercise" for the day:
Anyone?? Okay, we went to Torrey Pines to hike around and catch up on all the important things...
- boys, boyfriends, ex-boyfriends, potential future boyfriends....

 It was a gorgeous day.
And I can't say enough about living in one of the prettiest places on earth :) Especially a pretty place with pretty amazing frozen yogurt??  Okay, I got golden spoon for my afternoon snack.

Oops.

Dinner was leftovers -- an exact replica of last night's dinnaaaa.
Dessert was the real winner.

I drove over to the bestie's house again and I alerted her that I needed sugar in the form of chocolatey goodness.  We searched high and low for the perfect, melty, chocolately concotion:

Chocolate Pudding PMS Cake.
We adapted this recipe

What? It doesn't look delicious?  You think it looks like a pile of poo?
Okay, maybe it won't win a blue ribbon for its appearance... so what?  IT TASTES REALLL GOOD.

Recipe: click here for instructions
But here's a quick look at the easy ingredients!
- All Purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 2/3 cup --- SPLENDA!
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Low Fat 1% Milk - 1/2 cup
- Canola Oil - 3 tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Hot Water - 1 1/4 cups


We ended our night on a sweet note :)

No comments:

Post a Comment