Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Am Trusting. I Am Rapture. I Am Luscious.

I Am Grateful.

Don't worry, I didn't wake up with a loose screw -- I promise you it will make sense when you scroll down a few sentences.  But you better not read ahead, otherwise you'll miss out on all the sarcastic and entertaining commentary about my life... and nobody wants that.

Anyways, I'm kind of over this whole school thing already.  Buying books, waiting in lengthy and totally pointless lines, and helping all the lost freshmen find their way around campus... it gets a little tedious.  Plus, having to work until 1:30 AM -- which is a good 3 hours past my bedtime -- is just not pleasant.  Luckily for my coworkers and gym members, I was well fed yesterday :)

Starting with a quick & easy lunch:
Chopped romaine lettuce topped with black beans and diced tomatoes and a dollop of cottage cheese.  Which I paired with one of my favorite dishes -- guilt-free garlic noodles.



Guilt-free Garlic Noodles
Ingredients:
- 1 package of Shiritaki (soy) noodles
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow garlic and herb light cheese
- Garlic salt.

Instructions: Wash and drain the soy noodles and then heat them either in a microwave-safe bowl for a minute or two, or heat on the stove top.  Remove and add the wedge of laughing cow, making sure to break up the cheese and mix it really well with the noodles.  At garlic salt to taste.  ENJOY!

I always add these noodles to random dishes in order to round out a delicious meal. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Jenny had to deal with the Chinese department from hell for like 4 and a half hours, so she needed some cheering up.  What is the fastest way to cheer someone up??

Food. Dinner, specifically.  At a restaurant that I've been dying to try.

Cafe Gratitude. This is a total hippie-loving restaurant, and we loved the relaxed vibe of the restaurant and the waitstaff.  It is vegan and organic with tons of raw and live options!


The theme of the restaurant?  Being grateful, living in the moment, and nourishing your body and mind. It was kind of cool to be surrounded by such a strong sense of positive energy!  


Every dish on the menu has a cool title -- like I Am Trusting - which I ordered :)
One of my roommates (Kenzie) ordered the I Am Grounded, Matt ordered the I Am Extraordinary, and Jenny ordered the I Am Whole.


The tamale was seriously amazing. Maybe one of the best I'VE EVER HAD!  It was super flavorful, with seasonal summer veggies covered with a sweet and savory corn meal.  The spicy mexican cole slaw and seasoned black beans were packed with a seriously flavor kick -- I cleaned my plate!

Jenny and I ordered the I Am Lucious smoothie -- Hazelnut milk, fig, date, raw cacao and vanilla bean smoothie. It was sweetened with natural honey :) and it tasted like a chocolate milkshake. YUM


Matt ordered the I Am Extraordinary burger, upon our waitresses recommendation -- BLT with sautéed maple coconut bacon, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato and avocado. Served with spicy chipotle aioli on an organic wheat bun.  I stole a bite and I was in heaven.  The maple coconut bacon.... ahh


Um, of course we had to try the raw desserts that the Cafe had to offer.  Purely for the sake of research... I've found that there is a pretty negative stereotype about vegan and raw diets.  Obviously they've never tried their cake.


I ordered one of their I Am Rapture slices of cake -- a white chocolate cake.
OH MY YUM.  This was creamy, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth perfection.. The white chocolate mousse tasted like super creamy ice cream... and the vegan flour was made of almond and nut flour.  Seriously good.  And of course there are no calories in vegan dessert... right?



What are you grateful for??
- my family. my friends. my health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment