Thursday, August 25, 2011

College Classes Start & the Creativity Flows.

The day has finally come...
Our first day of instruction started today.  Of course, Thursdays are my most packed days of the week, thanks to the joys of scheduling issues.

However negative that may sound, I had an amazing day :)
I just had to get some obligatory first-day-of-school complaining out of the way.

I woke up and immediately decided to take it easy on the workout -- 11 miles will kind of wreak havoc on your muscles, especially if you're as out of shape as someone (me!!)

Instead, I opted for a HUGE cup of coffee and a seriously delicious bowl of oatmeal:




In the mix??
- 1/2 cup of Quaker oats
- 2 cups of combined almond milk and water
- a teeny tiny bit of coconut extract
- cinnamon
- a packet of sweetener
- VANILLA PUDDING!!

Add ins?  Blueberries, raisins, and puffed wheat cereal. So thick, so tasty.
I shall consider this to be the closest thing to yummy blueberry muffins!

Since I have classes at odd hours, I packed my lunch because I don't have time to run home for lunch :( This brought me back to high school days... but instead of grabbing a pb&j and cookies...

Onion, mushroom, spinach, and tomato wrap on Spinach Lavash.
SOOOO GOOD.  I was already counting down the minutes until lunch...

I quickly sauteed the mushies and onions before placing them in the wrap. heavenly.


----------------------------------
----------------------------------

AFTER SURVIVING MY FIRST ARABIC CLASS....
I came home and really felt like running.  Unfortunately, my ankle didn't.  I've been having some serious ankle pain recently, so after two miles, I decided not to push it.  I finished with a fast walk, which was probably the safest choice....

Do your post-work out recovery snacks look like this?
Chocolate shake in a bowl, filled with chopped nanners, blueberries and puffed wheat!


I immediately had to run to my next two classes (and met a really cute guy... )
But I had dinner on my mind.

On the menu?
Salmon, spinach, and cheese-stuff Portabella mushroom caps.
Curry-roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts.
Smashed sweet potato topped with cinnamon and cool whip. 






Would you like my recipe? Yes....

Salmon, Spinach, and Cheese-stuffed Portabella Mushroom Caps
Ingredients:
- 1 portabella mushroom cap
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper

- 1 packet of salmon in a pouch (like tuna in a pouch!)
- 1 wedge of laughing cow light garlic and herb cheese
- a handful of spinach
- chopped yellow onion
- a bit of egg beaters or egg whites
- feta cheese
- garlic salt.

To prepare: Place your Portabella cap in a pan on the stove, cover with balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.  Flip occasionally until tender.  While this is cooking, combine your salmon, cheese, spinach and onion in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for two minutes.  Stir.  Add in a bit of egg beaters or egg whites.  Stuff this mixture into the portabella cap, sprinkle with garlic salt, top with feta cheese and cook at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes.

I am so glad my stomach comes up with these genius recipes while it's stuck in a boring political science discussion for two hours.

It looks like this semester will be a yummy one!!
Off to work until 1:30 :( AM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment