Saturday, August 27, 2011

That Kind of Day...

You'd be surprised at how screwed up your whole day gets when you sleep in.

I'm not talking about waking up at noon either! I woke up at 9:30 and my day was still all over the place... this could be due to the fact that I went to bed before midnight sooo I might have gotten a little too much sleep (who knew that was possible)??

After my waffle breakfast, a disaster with the washing machines in our apartment complex, another disaster with out washing machines... some pouting... some unpacking... I decided I needed some positive energy.  Working out always does the trick!

EXCEPT FOR WHEN YOU'RE INJURED and you need to stop after 4 miles and then pathetically pedal around on the stationary bike for 12 minutes. I need to stop running :( it's official.

I was hungryyyy after my workout and all I wanted was comfort food (I'm noticing a pattern here.... all food is comfort food).  And because I didn't get my usual bowl of oats for b-fast, I had some for lunch!

And my body needed some greens:
chopped romaine, leftover curried asparagus and brussel sprouts, chopped tomato, chipotle ranch Walden Farms dressing.


Golden sweet potato and brown sugar oatmeal bowl... topped with blueberries, raisins, cinnamon and cool whip!!


I had ANOTHER laundry issue (this is why I only do laundry after it no longer fits in my basket and begins to overflow...), took a nap while watching Food Network!! and woke up for work.

Obviously, I had a skinny cow vanilla caramel cone for a snack... I dreamed about it.

Thennnnn I went to work from 5-8 pm
Does anyone notice a problem with that time?? It interferes with my feeding time - uncool.

By 8 o'clock, I was ready to kick someone (especially if they're dumb and they can't remember to bring their locker combos... how did you get into college?!?!?!)

Didn't want to cook. DEFINITELY wanted to eat.
Can you say... falafel plate with Mediterranean rice, salad, and pita bread.  TONS of yummy hummus and tzatziki yogurt sauce. 



Deep fried delciousness? I think so.

Side note:
lamest pick-up lines I encountered at the gym today ---
1. After locking his ID and his locker combo INSIDE his locker, a naked foreign boy sent his friend out to the front desk to get assistance.  20 minutes later, the clothed foreign boy came out.
Foreign boy: "Thanks for the assistance, I was the guy who locked himself out.  Good thing I did because I'd prefer talking to you"
Me: "Um, don't forget your combo again, otherwise we'll make you come out here naked"
Foreign boy: "Oh boy, if only you were so lucky... maybe next time??"

2. A guy came out of the locker room and asked to speak to me.
Guy: "Hey, can I ask you something?"
Me: "Do you need a lock..?"
Guy: "No, but where can I find some cat food?  I'd love some help"
Me: "Uhh... you have a cat?"
Guy: "Anyways, what's your name?"

Hahahahhahaha how does that even make sense??

Good thing I got fed... and I'm staying in on a saturday night :) Roomies are heading out.
See you TOMORRRRROW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment