Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Half-Marathon That Wasn't.

FIRST OF ALL -- happy Saturday :)

Okay. Now I can go on complaining about my life.  
It's official, you can put me down in the books as a total failure.

I mean, not to sound completely dramatic or anything... but I'm a little bummed.

Saturdays are my fun days! A nice, long run is always in the books. 
So, I laced up my sneakers and headed out after breakfast....

Maple rolled oats with bananas, blueberries, and topped with coconut almond milk!



Alright, so I started to run and my legs felt amazing.  They weren't sore OR tired and I was literally thanking the running Gods for helping me out.  I decided to go for it.  I was going to tackle my goal of 13.1 miles!!! Literally, if there was ever a time and place to do it, it would be now.

I don't have a Garmin, nor do I have any way to gauge my distance, so I decided to go off my time and pace.  After running for about 1:56 minutes, I arrived back at my apartment, feeling accomplished.

I ran in to check my distance.... 12.83 miles. seriously? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?
I was tempted to put on my shoes again and finish another .3 miles but I decided to tackle my dreams of a half marathon another day.  Damn.

I refueled with one hell-of-a-salad beast.
I sauteed some broccoli, mushrooms, soy crumbles and a Masala veggie burger from trader joe's!! THESE THINGS ARE AMAZING.  amazing.  amazing. 

Then I threw them on top of some chopped romaine with feta.  No dressing required.




And I had to get my sweet tooth satisfied :)
With some rice pudding and sliced nanners!


Ahhh.... I would run another 12.83 miles just to eat more rice pudding....
kidding, I'll eat the rice pudding either way.

Anyways, I'm currently at work (sneaking in a blog post from under my desk!!)

Hope you're having a stellar Saturday! AND A GREAT HALLOWEEN WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment