Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spaghetti Squash - TWO WAYS

Ahhh, the beauty of leftovers...

Basically, it gives you free reign to try weirdo things with your squash and blame it on "re-vamping your leftovers" -- so, if it turns out great, you're a winner

and if it tastes like you tried really hard to be creative in the kitchen by adding a bunch of random food into a pan and frying it... well, that's okay too.

Fortunately for the... both of us?... as in, you and me, my leftover remixes turned out delicious!!!

Yesterday, after my run + abs and back class, I came back to whip up a quick lunch.
On the menu? Spaghetti squash...

Spaghetti squash sauteed with soy crumbles, walnuts, cinnamon and raisins. 
 



Wow! This was seriously my favorite combination of the "spaghetti squash series"!!
If you've ever had pork seasoned with cinnamon, it's really similar.

The sweet raisins, and salty-ish soy crumbles (aka ground meat-less beef), and the crunch walnuts were a perfect combination -- and you can't go wrong with cinnamon.

I called my mom and told her to try it immediately (she's a huge squash fan too!)

Anyways, tonight I decided to try a different, more savory, version of spaghetti squash:

Spaghetti squash sauteed with soy crumbles, onions, basil leaves, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese! 




Of course, it just looks like I'm eating a bowl of cheese...
But, really, this was also a yummy combo.

Spotlight on Soy Crumbles as being a perfect meal-starter!! You can throw these babies into any dish and it tastes even better than ground-beef, in my opinion.

Okay, I need to be really weird and tell you I added cinnamon to my squash too - I can't be stopped I have a serious cinnamon-y addiction.

Um.... WANT TO HEAR THE SCARIEST NEWS EVER?!
I got a phone call from my roommate today telling me to rush home because she had walked in on a robber-in-progress... in my apartment.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt.  But it scared the living daylights out of Jenny (my roommate) and those jerks ended up taking Matt's laptop (and hopefully nothing else!).... We gave statements to the police and the ID techs came in to take some fingerprints of the area. 

It made me realize how careful you need to be, especially living in a college-area on the first floor of an apartment complex!! Anyone want to take a self-defense class with me??

I think this calls for some froyo therapy, don't you??
Before I rush off to indulge in so froyo lovinnnnn', I'll leave you with some random things that I find too damn funny to keep to myself :) Just because I love you.

 IF YOU GOT IT - FLAUNT IT!!!!

andddd... my personal motto:

Have a good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment