Sunday, October 16, 2011

Indian Goes With Everything

Finally!!

My weekend of stuffing my face full of all sorts of deliciousness is over... not that I didn't enjoy every second of it - but it always feels good to get back to your own eating schedule, you know?

I've started noticing that eating out frequently really wreaks havoc on my system. Yeah, I'll let you figure that one out.

Anyways, my morning started off with a classic bowl of oats with bananas, blueberries, Kix, and raw wanluts & a huge cup of coffee... make that two huge cups.


I wasn't sure if I was going to head out for a run or not, especially after a little pump up speech from my daddy-o reminded me that school comes first... yeah, that includes before my frozen yogurt addiction and my need to sweat a lil' bit each day.

However, I needed to hit the road so I could maintain some sort of mental sanity today. 

I started out with no expectations and ended up running an easy 7.5 miles before taking an ice cold showaaa and whipping up a dump salad with all my delicious leftovers!

Chopped Romaine lettuce topped with chana masala, aloo gobi, and some leftover onion, chicken, and sweet potato from my chicken soup last week!



I didn't look pretty but it sure tasted wonderful.
Spicy spicy Indian food is the way to my heart.

and a full belly.

I also nibbled on all the pastries leftover from Palo Alto (the ones that didn't get eaten by all the party-goers last night :( I was devastated!)

Literally spent the entire afternoon studying. I don't think I even facebook stalked or foodgawked!! I know, it was serious. Two midterms = sad, sad Casey.

Anyways, I came home around 6 to roast up some squash and whip up a comforting dinner.

Roasted Kabocha Squash


This was seriously easy and delicious!  I roasted the squash at 375 for about 35-40 minutes with just a little salt, pepper, and cinnamon.

I also whipped up some savory oats to act as a base for all the flavors that would be a little overwhelming...




Savory Oats:
- one serving of oats
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- salt
- pepper
- Italian season

Cook on the stove top until it's at the desire consistency (about 10 minutes for some thick and creamy oats!!) That's the way I like 'em.

 I ate some more of my Palo Alto pastries and the rest of my pumpkin pie -- it never gets old... 
Time to hit the books, again. 

play time is over :( Thanks for keeping me sane during midterms, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment