Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spin, Salad, and Food Bullying!

Sorry for being a little more than absent, yesterday!
I've come to the startling realization that.... college is not conducive to blogging!!

Can you say midterm season?!

Want to know what college IS conducive to?  Great friends, great coffee shops, and great late-night cookie snacking for studying fuel :)

After my Human Rights class, I high-tailed it to the gym to take my usual Tuesday-night spin class!  I met up with a few friends and we bonded over sweatin' our little hearts out. My hip flexors are killing me thanks to some great hill intervals! 

After spin, I had plans to make up some more quinoa or perhaps one of my usual "pasta" bowls...
But, I have this issue --

Whenever I spin, I only crave huge salads! (horrible problem to have, I know)

So, I stopped to pick up this loaded salad (which I shielded from the rain... with my body)

Greek salad with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, croutons, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette.  Served with a hunk of sourdough bread -- which was delicious!
 


I had about 10 minutes to scarf this salad-monster down... there was "loaded greek salad" all over my face.  That's what sleeves are for though, right?

So, after demolishing my dinner, I met up with Lisa to hit up a cute coffee shop for a PolSci midterm review sesh. 

Our company of choice?  Non-fat caffe lattes and Chocolate chunk cookies!
 

A short while later, I food-bullied Annie into getting a giant oatmeal raisin cookie...
Which I promptly stole.

The brain needs food to function at it's highest capacity.... right? No, this isn't just something I tell myself to justify my over-consumption of cookies and desserts.


This girl didn't get to bed until 1:30!!!
College sucks.

----------------------------------
----------------------------------

Soooo -- when my alarm went off this morning, somehow I was ready to start my day with minimal complaints.  Mostly because...

1. The soft pitter-patter of rain warms my heart
2. I was hungry.

Cinnamon and spice oatmeal with blueberries and candied walnuts:
 



Oatmeal, it has been far too long...
I'm sorry I've neglected you.

Pumpkin pancakes - watch yourself!

Okay, sorry to eat and run, but I need to get my butt off this couch and on the road.  My Nikes and my favorite abs and back class are calling to me!!

Schweeeet, huh?
See you for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment