Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spaghetti Squash, Please!

Alright, I've been really lame recently.
I totally own up to it.

I used to be super on-top of all my food pictures and blog postings (because I know you all check this thing religiously...) but I've just been slippin!

Want to hear the list of excuses that completelyyy absolve me of any responsibility for this:
1. my friends are too funny. We hang out and I get carried away laughing at all their dumb jokes (I said they were funny, not witty or intelligent...) and before I know it, it's my bed time!
2. boys. They are distracting.  Especially when they're dramatic and they try to fill your head with nonsense...
3. fear.  I've been feeling super un-interesting lately! hahaha as weird as that sounds, I feel like I've been eating the same things, running the same routes, and getting the same huge bowl of froyo.. so I feel like a dummy showing you the same things all the time.

But anyways, I promise to be better.
I already told my friends I have to spend AT LEAST 10 minutes NOT laughing at their jokes and instead focus on trying to make myself sound super cool and funny on the internet. Deal?

Breakfast!!! I've been having Cinnamon and Spice oatmeal with Kix and Vanilla and Coconut Almond Milk! This combo is delicious.  The coconut almond milk makes it extra creamy!



After eating breakfast and catching up on my bloggies, I headed to my political psych class -- have you ever tried staying awake through lecture without drinking coffee?? Jeez louise... it's a true test of character, I tell ya.

I had to go to drop-in advising for my major so I packed a lunch and awkwardly ate outside the room until it was time for my appointment. 

Mulitgrain bread with laughing cow lite swiss cheese, sliced roma tomatoes, guacamole and lettuce! The return of the guac!!!! WOOHOO. and a bomb granny smith apple.


Ohhhh this is probably the most exciting thing to happen to me all day...
nap time,
It was a good one too, especially when you wake up to your roommate making blueberry streusel muffins - from scratch - thanks, Matt, I LOVE YOU.

Before heading out to my next class and to Tuesday Spin, I toasted up two slices of Sara Lee Multi-grain bread, which I topped with Laughing Cow cheese.  One had honey drizzled on top and the other had Raspberry Preserves... this has been my go-to snack for the past few days! 


 I had an awesome spin class -- we raced? yeah, don't ask me how that works on stationary bikes.... also, don't ask me why the old, bald guy in the back kept winning -- and I came home to get dinner cookin' while I hopped in the shower!

I sliced open my spaghetti squash and took out all the innards.  I added in some chopped yellow onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper then microwave (covered) on high for about 8 minutes.

I showered and got dressed before the squash was even done. What does that tell you about my stellar appearance? hmm?

Once it was ready, I spaghettied the squash (as in made it look like spaghetti strands by scooping out the inside) and added some Tomato and Basil marinara sauce, soy crumbles, and mushrooms!

Spaghetti squash with onions, garlic, salt, pepper + topped with Tomato and Basil marinara, mushrooms, soy crumbles, and PARMESAN!
 



Get in my belly.
Do it.

I enjoyed my dinner with the company of my roommates and The Little Couple on TLC..
I also helped myself to one of Matt's Amazing Muffins and this...


I told you, rice pudding is seriously addicting.
Good thing I stocked up yesterday! expect to see this by the bucketful over the next couple of days... potentially weeks....

I can't believe tomorrow's already humpday?!  We're half way through the week!

I'll leave you with this reminder:


I'd rather have a life of 'oh wells' than a life of 'what ifs'

No comments:

Post a Comment