Monday, October 3, 2011

Crispy Mornings & Cold Afternoons!

The leaves are changing.
The air is crisp... the temperature is starting to drop.... 
And it rained on me while I was walking back from class.

Fall is here, my friends.

I headed out for a quick 5.5 mile run and my favorite abs and back class!

By the time I came back, showered, and threw on some sweats (cold weather = permission to dress like you don't own a mirror, right?) -- I was hunnngry!

For some odd reason, I was craving a cold tuna salad. Luckily, I thought ahead a threw a can into the refridge before I left for my adventure :) I'm responsible when food is on the line.

Loaded salad topped with tuna salad!



I threw my leftover salad from the other day on top of even more chopped romaine lettuce, drizzled that with a ginger vinaigrette I picked up at the store... and threw my tuna salad on top of it all!

The tuna salad was creamy and easily prepared, with chopped yellow onion, salt, pepper, and guacamole instead of mayo/miracle whip.

I also had an organic apple that someone from my gym picked from his tree and brought to work the other day!! Drizzled with honey and cinnamon -- perfect taste of fall. 


Ahhhh, I'm a fan of all things fall.
Even the rain, when it sneaks up on you at the most inopportune moments.

I came back and promptly fell asleep -- next to my roommate -- due to the fact that we have a scheduled naptime every afternoon, without fail (college drains you, I swear).

I woke up hungryyyy, again! Big surprise there. 
I don't know what it is but I've been super hungry all day - even after a huge bowl of oats, a super-sized salad, a bagel thin, some nuts, an apple... the list never ends. 



What is that orange concoction?

Courtney from SweetToothSweetLife whipped up a peanut butter pumpkin yogurt dip for her apples this morning, which inspired me to whip up a simple greek yogurt with pumpkin and cinnamon dip! I ended up spreading it on top of the cinnamon raisin bagel thin and dipping my apple into it, too!

I'm probably off to lick the yogurt bowl clean and then run to class, hopefully without falling on my ass.... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment