Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Perfect Apple Cinnamon And Spiced Muffins

They're perfect.

I've been dying to bake up some fall-inspired muffins, but I haven't had the time...
but today, was the day!

I was uninspired by recipes online - some had applesauce, some had flour, some used oats - so I decided to go rogue and make up some healthy muffins, that just happen to taste like heaven.

Perfect Apple Cinnamon and Spice Muffins: whole-wheat muffins, with hints of maple, vanilla, and cinnamon - topped with an apple cinnamon oatmeal streusel




Ingredients:
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of Splenda (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup of egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of maple extract
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 a tsp of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (maybe more?)
- 1 packet of your favorite instant oatmeal (I used apples & cinnamon)

To make: I don't follow baking rules, so I mix all the ingredients into the same bowl - except the instant oatmeal!! - and stir!  Easy. Spray your cupcake pan and evenly distribute the batter.  Sprinkle the oatmeal on top of the muffins and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes!


I had two, right out of the oven!  Like, I burned my fingers trying to grab them... but it was worth it.  Warm muffins with melted butter = the way to my heart.

This screams fall and comfort food!

Before I went a-bakin'... I went on my run + abs and back class with friends (Lisa and Jenny)!
Then showered and whipped up a quick lunch before scooting to class:

Multigrain bread, topped with Garlic and Herb laughing cow cheese, tomatos, and chopped romaine.  Red pepper hummus and Dijon mustard for dipping!
 

and for the sweeter half of my meal (yeah, I'm all about giving sweet and savory equal playing time)

Honey Chobani yogurt with Kix, almond milk, and... cookie crumbles!
 

Yum....

I got a 90.5 on my Arabic test.
Came home, baked up a storm
Ate said baked goods.
Napped....

and now I'm heading off for another round of class!  Enjoy those muffins, or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment