Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Recipes & Obsessions

I told you guys I would get obsessed with this strange "quinoa" better-than-a-grain thing...
Well, it's already happened.

AND I'm sure you're already well aware of my slight obsession with pancakes...
and by slight obsession, I mean I could eat these things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

So, if you had to guess what made an appearance in my my meals yesterday...

After a pretty, but rough, run and a quick trip to my favorite abs class, I came back with one thing on my mind - PANCAKES. You know what this means.. Pancakes for lunch :)

More specifically...
Sweet Potato Pancakes.



WOW.
That's kind of the only word that immediately comes to mind..

Ingredients:
- between 1/3 and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- about 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon and salt.
- chopped sweet potato and maple syrup.

Sooo amazing! Just cook up your pancakes and microwave your sweet potato for about 3 minutes, cube, and coat with maple syrup.

These satisfied my intense cravings and satisfied my hungry belllllly!

Quick side note - breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and my afternoon snack -

Two whole wheat waffles, laughing cow cheese and sugar-free red raspberry preserves! dash of cinnamon to spice things up.


I quickly ran to class... in the pouring rain.
Completely died on my political science midterm.
Found out Steve Jobs passed away.

And decided it was time for a little pick me up.... in the form of desserts, galore.

Before my dessert i-failed-my-midterm binge...
I made a quick, delicious, nutritious dinner.

Grilled chicken quinoa bowl.

I sauteed some onions, mushrooms, leftover salad toppings - grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, olives, and croutons - and also added in some broccoli.


Cooked my quinoa for about 15 minutes (1/3 cup of quinoa, 1 cup of water) in chicken broth.


And combined them all together with some soy sauce, salt, and pepper!
Which created the perfect blend of unique flavors. 
 



Shortly after, we engaged in our usual dessert-y, post-midterm activity:

Hazlenut amaretto and Irish mint froyo with oreos, graham crackers, and waffle cones.


Typically, that satisfies any and all possible dessert cravings...
But, you see, it's fall.

Which means, the house should be filled with smells of cinnamon, apples, and butter -- especially on a cold and rainy night.

I headed over to Annie and Lisa's apartment and we immediately broke out the ingredients for a baked apple crisp.... oh man.  This didn't disappoint.

Annie also bought some "Pilgrim Joe's" Pumpkin Ice cream.
Which made a perfect apple crisp topper :)



AHHHHHH.
"Pilgrim Joe's" - yes, Trader Joe's went there - really know it's ice cream :)

Sorry that I've been rushing through these crazy-long posts... My midterm schedule is just piling up and I'm starting to morph into a crazy college student - Yeah, expect lots of pictures of chocolate on chocolate in the future.

Off for my morning run :)
Catch you guys later!

My DAD AND MY STEPMOMMMAA are coming to visit today and they're staying until the weekend -- which means tons of delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment